Chapter 1: The Trap

Aeri Yuuki.

Someone who's been cursed with great beauty. Someone who wants society to accept him for who he really is. Someone who hates himself because of who he is. That person is me. The way I looked is what cause me all these problems. Am I ugly? No, quite the opposite. I look like cute loli girl at least that's what every says.

With my silky straight long brown hair tied to a back ponytail, my soft white skin, my high pitched voice, and my small stature classified me as a loli or a trap. I hate being called that.
These terms have been always thrown at me by almost everyone I meet. I wish for this to stop but, I know with the way I look right now, It won't. Why don't I change my look? I've already tried that. Back in elementary, I asked my mom

"I want to cut my hair shorter." and she declined by saying

"It'll ruin your cuteness."

What cuteness? I don't want this "cuteness". I didn't wanted to be treated like a girl anymore and this long hair wasn't helping. That night, I got up from my bed, went to the bathroom, looked for the scissors, then took one more look at my hair in the mirror and without hesitation, I cut it.

The next morning, my mom saw what I did and she just blew up with rage. She scolded me then started pulling my hair vigorously saying

"I told you it would ruin your cuteness! Now you have to wait for it to grow back!"

as I screamed in pain. I never tried to change my look after that trauma. I'm now in middle school, 16 years old, still maintaining my long hair. And the people in school would also treat me like girl.

When I first transferred to this middle school, I was expecting to hear the same thing. Most people got surprised whenever I introduced myself as a guy.

I was seated at the corner of the classroom next to the window. One girl from the group of girls seated near me approach me during recess.

"Aeri-kun, are you really a boy?"

"Yes, I am." I wasn't very surprised with this question.

"Wow that's very surprising. I've never seen such an adorable guy before. You're even cuter than me."

"Hehe thanks." I feel bad.

"Um... Actually, that wasn't a compliment."

"Huh?"

The tone of her voice shifted to a more serious tone. Her eyes were filled with jealousy and envy. And the other girls also had that look in their eyes. They didn't need to say another word, with the way they looked at me, I knew what they were saying in the back of their head

"We hate you."

That was the first time that those girl ever spoke and they left quite a first impression. And the boys in my class were no different compared to the girls. I could care less with what the girls thought about me. They already made evident what they thought about me, but even the boys in my class were no different.

"Hey Aeri, why're you wearing a boy's uniform?" A group boys from my class approached me.

"..."