Chap. 15

Yukari's P.O.V.
The sports festival is slowly approaching. Sooo I should be training but instead I decided to clean my attic. Fun. It has been years since anyone has been up there , but the dust emitting from it has become unbearable.

Pulling down the stairs to the attic, debris and dust flood out the entrance. "A shame." I head up the brittle steps and scope out what I was working with. "A lot of dusting and polishing will need to be done. Also, I'll have to organize a couple of things." I sighed and clapped my hands together. "Well, lets get started."

After hours of cleaning, I decided to begin organizing. I noticed a shelf that was cluttered with old stuff. Reaching for a box, the shelf gave way and all the items came crashing down. "You have got to be kidding me!!" Right when I said that an old VCR tape hit me in the top of my head. Groaning in pain, I picked up the tape. "Hmm it has my name on it. "It wouldn't hurt to watch it. Right?"  I decided to take a break and head back down to watch the tape.

Our TV set still has a VCR slot in it . Static filled the screen as the video opened up. Then I became face to face with my mother. Tears began to form in my eyes. I really miss her. She began talking in her soft voice. "I figured no one else would believe so here I am. Talking to my un born child." She chuckled a bit and continued. "Your father. Something about him changed, but it wasn't because of him. The last fight between him and his arch nemesis was highly...interesting. Towards the end of the battle something happened something strange." She paused as if she was anxious, cautious even. "Immediately after the fight, his whole demeanor changed. Trust me your father is well I guess I should say 'was' passionate. He cared for me and your older brother like none other. Unfortunately, that all changed hours after the battle had ended. I knew it wasn't like him. It wasn't him. I could tell something took over him. At this moment please pause the tape and go watch the final fight between your father and his enemy." I did as she said and went to my computer to look at the ordeal.

So far if anything it looked like a normal fight, nothing strange. The fight was beginning to close out until I had to take a double take at the ending. My father was being strangled by his 'arch nemesis' or whatever. He couldn't get free, so he took his hand and used his paralyzation quirk to numb his enemy's arm. This allowed him to get out of his grip. When his enemy's hand slipped from his neck, I could see a trail of an imprint curl around to the back of his neck. 'This is probably what my mom was talking about' I paused the video and went back to the VCR tape.

"Hopefully you noticed it too. My thinking is that your father's enemy knew that he could not win in a fight against him with sheer strength. So he decided to take him down from the inside out. Therefore he messed with his mind, his mental behavior, his relationships with friends and family, and unfortunately his sanity. So that to where even if he was to die, he could still traumatize your father through the years. I arched an eyebrow, while all of the information was sinking in. "So this whole time it wasn't him, but some weird evil conscious taking over?" She pressed on. "I don't have many leads on how to break this trance , but here is my only plan." Static overtook the TV and her words became blotched out. "No. No. Really?! You decide to fade out now!" I took the tape out, cleaned it off, replayed it from the beginning but to no avail. I sighed and continued to listen.

"I'm going to try and save him, but if my plan doesn't work...." Tears began to well up in her eyes. "One of us will not be here to tell the story." The tears began to roll down her face. Seeing her cry was the last straw for me. I didn't even notice I was crying along with her until I felt my tears running down my arms.

"And the one was you"

I said into the empty room. "This video is starting to get lengthy. Trust me I will try my hardest, but I'm going to have to wait until after you are born...." She was silent yet again. She looked up and stared straight ahead confidently. "Yukari if you are watching this please know that your father and I we truly love you to the end of the world. I will do my best to protect you and Takumi, and to bring you father back to the man he once was."

With that she wearily smiled and closed out the video.