epilogue

Night Stalk opens her eyes and stretches, an arm hovering protectively over her stomach, the owner awake.

"What did I say about coming in here while I sleep?" She asks Storm Shadow. He smirks and stand up, letting her rise. They walk together through the base hallways, turning the corner to the training room and finding the others there as well.

"Good morning." Night Stalk greets and sits on the corner of the hand-to-hand combat mat, focusing her mind.

"I don't mean to sound cruel, but I think you should try some exercises." Lady Jaye comments, pointing to Night Stalk's stomach, which had gained a little meat over seven weeks.

"It's your daughters, Roadblock. The things they make me eat." Night Stalk jokes, but stands up and gets into a position with Storm Shadow. They start to block and dodge each other with agile and skill, but Storm Shadow is beaten in the end when Night Stalk takes him to the ground and stradles him so he can't get up. She smirks and looks up at the others, currently checking their guns or bench pressing.

"You better not have let me win." Night Stalk warns to Storm Shadow. He smirks and places his hands around Night Stalk's waist, about to lift her up until he freezes and sits up instead.

"What's wrong?" She asks as he makes eye contact with her, urgency and a sort of excitement in them. He lifts her off of him and stand up, dragging her down the the mat into the position she was in a few minutes ago.

"Focus on your heart beat." He urges.

"Okay." Night Stalk replies, closing her eyes and breathing calmly. She feels her heart beat, so easily controlled by herself.

Her eyes open again at the beat.

"There's a second one." She exclaims, getting to her feet.

"What?" Flint asks.

"What?" Lady Jaye asks. Roadblock sets the weight on the stand and sits upright, sweat covering his skin.

"You're a...I'm a..." Night Stalk breathes, her hands gently skimming across Storm Shadow's face, then going down to her stomach.

"What is it?" Lady Jaye asks.

"We've just figured out that we joined Roadblock in his club." Night Stalk replies, turning to face them all.

"What club?" Roadblock asks, then his eyes grow wide with understanding.

"Some one explain, please." Lady Jaye asks.

"I'm pregnant" Night Stalk replies.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.