[Chapter 4] Tea & Cassettes

Start from the beginning

"In other words, his Highness has news," Zexion concluded.

"Thank you, Captain Kill Joy," he sneered.

=

A slam of a door alerted a strangely dressed elderly man. He jumped from his chair knocking the large books situated at the desk. He stared at the pair with dark eyes and adjusted his sky blue hat that matched the oversized cloak. A grey beard and mustache hid half of his face.

He dusted himself and scowled at the two. The man recognized the one in the black coat but not the young lady. She looked tired and out of breath. Her clothes were also wet, which made him wonder what trouble the young man had brought her.

"Demyx, haven't I told you to stop barging into my home," he huffed picking up the books. He stared suspiciously as Demyx began to push the girl behind a pile of books.

"Yeah, yeah," Demyx replied. "If anyone knocks we aren't here."

"What trouble did you bring on the young lady and yourself?"

"Cool it, old man. We didn't do anything," Demyx peeked his from the pile. "Act like we aren't even here." The old man mumbled incoherently about kids these days and manners. He searched for the page he had been reading before another interruption cut in. Urgent and heavy knocks.

"I'm coming!" he called and turned to the pile. The man could hear Demyx whispering reassurances.

With a pull at his door, he answered, "May I help you today, sirs?" Three heavily armored men with royal blue and dark red stood at attention and saluted.

"Sir Merlin," one of them addressed him respectfully. "Have you seen a girl with a young man carrying a guitar?"

"No, I haven't," Merlin shrugged. "I've just been studying without any interruptions."

"I'm sorry for interrupting you and if you see them please summon us," the men saluted again. "Have a nice day." Merlin nodded in response and looked over their shoulders. Other men were knocking on doors and asking the same question. He was simply going to close the door but his curiosity urged him on.

"May I inquire why you have most of your men looking for them?" Merlin asked.

"The girl is to be arrested for theft and brought in for questioning. The man is to be arrested for being an accomplice," the armored man explained.

"May I ask what did she has stolen?" Merlin questioned, his hand stroked his long beard.

"The Star Shard, sir."

Merlin narrowed his eyes and froze. He quickly but politely dismissed the men. His mind processed the new information as he watched Demyx help the girl up. She seemed shaken up and in a slight state of shock but wasn't panicking.

"Hey, watch," Demyx grinned at her. She narrowed her eyes but urged him on. Demyx swiftly waved his hand in front of her. Her face lit up in shock at the orb of water floating in his hand. She then stared at her now dry clothes examining all of her articles.

"How did you do that?" she stared intensely at Demyx.

"I can control water," he shrugged nonchalantly. "You probably can control something to."

"What do you mean?" Merlin asked, stroking his long beard.

"Isn't obvious?" Demyx turned to him, clapping a hand on her shoulder. "She's one of my kind." Merlin turned to her with a glare but he sighed watching her cringe.