Prologue

Granny was about to doze off while watching her favorite tv show when suddenly a doorbell's buzz alarmed her. Who would be knocking at this hour? She thought, disappointed by whoever interrupted her sleep.

She gently stood up, careful not to trigger her arthritis, and slowly walked towards the door. Her sight was a blur to whomever was standing in front, so she decided to put her glasses on. To her complete shock, she was greeted by a man dressed in black with a gun pointed at her. In a split second, there was a mere presence of fear in her eyes. She was absolutely stunned with the unexpected act. She didn't even have a moment to shout her lungs out, for everything happened in a blink of an eye.

The man wasted no time and shot a tranquilizer into her shoulder. The shot was filled with silence, yet it possessed a tinge of deadliness. Before granny could crash on the cemented pathway of the house, the man caught her frail body and nonchalantly pulled her inside to lay her down on the sofa as if it was just an ordinary night.

Removing his dark face mask, the man's once concealed figure was revealed. He went through each and every door, not skipping any room of the first floor. When satisfied that he didn't catch a glimpse of any person except for the snoozing old lady, he decided to climb upstairs; he made creaks as he stepped on the wooden floors.

Somewhere in the same house where peaceful slumber is taking place... there was a girl who drifted away her troubles through deep sleep. Breaths rhythmic as she snored in between her inhales and exhales. Locks of pinkish hair covered her angelic face. She sat on the bed with mind half awake.

She staggered her way towards the full-body mirror and unconsciously tie her hair into a messy bun. The girl opened the window and risked jumping a high depth. The twigs sticking outside the window pane marked a graze on her pale arms. Not affected with the sudden fall on the grass, she walked like a zombie to the shore.

When the man entered the room, he let out an exasperated sigh and ruffled his hair once he saw the window was left wide open. Rustle of winds cooled the area and branches blew against the cemented wall outside.

The girl left footprints on the sand with her bare toes as she made her way to the ocean. She kept on walking until there was nothing left to step on except for the serenity of the water. Seconds passed and minutes have passed yet the girl never rose. She was completely engulfed by the ocean, gentle waves rocking her to eternal sleep.

Be a sweet reader by simply voting, commenting your thoughts, and sharing the story to your friends!