Oh Look Another Chapter

Ricks brow wrinkled in suspicion and he narrowed his eyes reaching for the gun hidden in his coat and ran through his mental list of which shape-shifters could figure out which dimension he was in. He walked out of the kitchen confidently with his flask in his hand and took a long drink. He looked up at the woman that was now in his living room and felt the cold metal container slip from his grasp.

It wasnt often a Rick is surprised. But seeing her again? Knowing that it was her? After knowing she was dead? For more than 20 years believing that his wife was dead and now seeing her infront of him? That would shock anybody. But it was the the wave of happines and relif and the rule breaking amount of love that immediately followed that caused him to almost fall over and grab the chair for support.

Rick wasnt aware when exactly his body started moving forward and could feel the tears run down his face as he held the familiar frame of Diane, his Diane, in his arms once again.

Rick pulled away and held her at arms length, hands still on her shoulders and searched her face for any imperfections.
"I-its you right? Diane? Im not hallucinating, o-or imaginig you?"
Diane reached up and wiped the salty water from his cheeks.
"Nope." She gave a small smile, "Im real Rick. Im real."
Rick continued to stare at her shaken, not caring how desperate  and hallow his voice was.
"You're real. Im not going to blink a-and have you disappear?"
The amount of love and caring in her eyes was only rivaled by his own.
"Rick. I am never going to disappear on you. Not on my watch."
Rick only than allowed himself to smile and he embraced Diane again.

The universe or god or whatever decided to play a cruel joke however, because it decided that that was the moment Rick Sanchez would wake up.