A tense meeting

As I was mentally bracing myself for my meeting with Mr Lingham I bumped into the Adonis. My folder scattered to the ground releasing a shower of doodles and drawings. He said nothing but swooped down to gather my things. His face lingered for a moment on the robin. And then the look I couldn't decipher was gone all too quickly. As we both struggled to pick up my papers without scrunching or tearing the door swang open forcefully and out came Mr Lingham. I decided not looking at him would help me keep my thoughts in tact.

I hated that the next time he saw me I was on my knees again.

I saw his shiny leather shoes out the corner of my eye and there was that pin striped suit again except it was grey, not navy. I blushed when I remembered why I could remember his suit so well, shuddering at where my face met the last time I saw him.

I looked up at him ( I would punish myself for that later) to see him frowning at both of us. The Adonis said nothing and walked away. "Thank you" I called after him only to receive no response.

He looked at the Adonis again with a look in his eye I couldn't recognise. Jealousy? I mentally slapped my wrist, of course not. I must remember not to indulge myself in wishful thinking when I am around mr Lingham.

I stood up and met his gaze again. For the first time I realised just how tall he really was. More than a head taller, he was so much taller then me, but then it wasn't hard to be when you stand at just 5'3.

He looked tired today and his stubble was slightly overgrown today. I felt a jolt of electricity course through my body when I thought about how it would feel to touch that stubble. Our eyes met and my mouth parted. He cleared his throat and then gestured with one hand for me to enter his office.

He spoke and his voice was like velvet. It was deep and musical and it drew me into his every word.

"Ana you must be wondering why you're here" he said authoritatively.

I was so involved in wondering how I would act when I saw him that I didn't even question why I had to see my head of year in the first place.

"Yeah" was the only pathetic answer I managed to stifle.

A smile flickered over his face so quickly I wasn't quite sure he had actually smiled.

"Ana you're grades are good, but you're intelligent, I feel you can do better than B's" he said strongly.

I realised everytime he said something to me he used my name. It gave me those surges of pleasure again and I wanted to touch him. But I wouldn't. Obviously.

"Sir I'm sure I will do better when the exam time comes" I said pathetically.

"Ok" he said quickly "and I wanted to check something else with you"

"Oh?" My brain didn't seem to work around him.

All of a sudden he got up and was very close to my body. I could feel the tension in the air and by the flinch in his strong jaw I felt he could too.

With a lowered voice and body so close to mine I could feel his breath on my face causing me to be momentarily stunned. "I just wanted to check you didn't feel uncomfortable after our last meeting" his voice was seductive and I felt as if all the cells in my body were suddenly overly aware of this man stood before me.

My eyes locked with his and his eyes seemed pained.

"No sir" I said as I held my eyes to his.

His face came closer to mine and then he was gone. The air cooled around me and I felt as though my body was relaxed again. I couldn't help feeling disappointed.

I looked at him with his jaw clenched and his angry eyes. I was confused. I stood looking at him for several seconds when he said in an angry and irritated voice "that's all". And then he opened the door for me and I breezed past him my arm brushing against his chest.

I couldn't help thinking about how sexy he was when he was angry. Which only made me angry that I had caused him to be irritated. I had done something wrong and I hated myself for it. And I hated myself for falling so deeply for a man I didn't know, a teacher!

The door shut softly behind me and I was happy I had a free period so I could just sit in one of the free rooms and continue doodling. I didn't feel like doing work now.