JUNE 2017

I laughed loudly as China told a joke, despite the fact that it was probably stupid. It had been a busy week and we were all glad we could hang out together. Once we found out we all got the day off today, Dove instantly invited the entire cast to her apartment to hang out. I jumped at the chance, missing my friends.

We now sat in a messy circle on the floor, talking and laughing about memories on set. Thomas leaned against the wall and I sat with my back against his side. The rest of the circle went: Sofia, Cameron, Brenna, Dove, China, Booboo, Mitchell, Jedidiah, and then Dylan. While we were all enjoying the big conversation, we had separate smaller ones happening between each other.

At one point Thomas bent down to ask me something and I tilted my head back to answer. It seemed innocent enough to me but I guess China saw it differently, "Hey Maya." She sat opposite of me so her voice grabbed the attention of everyone.

I looked to her and raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"

"What's the deal with you and Thomas?" Everyone was now captivated by the conversation as Thomas and I's relationship had been a large question mark to everyone, even ourselves. We hung out all the time and we went out on dates so I guess we were dating but it was also really casual and we never made it 'official'.

"What do you mean?" Thomas asked as I shifted so I sat next to him with my back against the wall rather than leaning against him.

"Well are you guys dating or not? We're all curious I'm just the only one with big enough balls to ask."

Me and Thomas looked to each other and shrugged. We already had developed a silent language. I looked and her, "Yeah I guess we are."

Cheers and laughs went around as we practically just announced our relationship to everyone close to us. Everyone seemed to be happy for us but when I looked at Sofia, her jaw had slackened and her eyes were wide.

I laughed at her expression, "What?"

"Are you kidding me!?" her screech once again caught everyone's attention. I reeled back in shock from her tone and loud pitch.

"What?" I was honestly so confused by her reaction. I expected her to be the one happiest for us.

She leant forward as if she didn't hear me, "that's how you announce it!? That's how you make your relationship official?!"

Me and Thomas shrugged again and she let out a frustrated yell. Cameron laughed loudly, "I think there is actual smoked coming out of her ears."

I tried to hide the snicker when Sofia sent Cameron a death glare that could kill. She looked to me again, "Don't you want something magical? Something grand?"

I shook my head at her, "Not really. I don't need anything that big Sofia. I appreciate you looking out for me but I'm happy." I glanced to Thomas and saw him smiling at me, "But I promise the minute he steps out of line you can beat him up."

"Heyyy." Thomas whined while we all just laughed.

Cameron's hand shot up, "I want to be able to beat Thomas up!"

Dove's hand went up next, "Me too!"

China smiled widely, "don't forget about me."

"Okay this isn't a meeting for all of those who want to punch me in the face to make a plan." Thomas whined while I just laughed. Sofia seemed to study me and then look at Thomas. She relented with a sigh and relaxed slightly.

"Fine," She huffed. "I'll excuse the lack of magic and just chalk it up to both of you being lazy." I laughed and shook my head at her as I once again leaned against Thomas. I felt his arm casually drape over my shoulders.

Mitchell pointed to us, "But that doesn't mean when want to see you guys make out all the time." We all laughed as I just shook my head at my friends some more. I smiled, happy to be there with my friends and my boyfriend. What a life I lead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya.bari: Vancouver sunsets amiright? (Ft. dove's roof)

Tagged: @thomas.doherty

Liked by thomas.doherty, dove.cameron, gray.bari, chinaanne.mcclain and 384k others

View 298 comments

Thomas.doherty: when she's too short to see over the roof edge...

chinaanne.mcclain: #shortgirlprobs

Usera: I'm almost 100% positive that they're dating

Userb: @usera I guess we just have to accept it now

Maya.bari: @chinaanne.mcclain seriously tho

dove.cameron: when you're roof is the most attractive thing in this photo....

Maya.bari: @dove.cameron I'm wounded

dove.cameron: @maya.bari don't worry ijk bb you the cutest