Elena: Chapter One

Author's Note: Hey! If you're reading this... you're awesome. Just saying. Anyways, I wanted to make you aware that his is written by two different authors. I, Mikki105, wrote Katherine's perspective and my friend wrote Elena's. I hope you enjoy! :) We've put hours into writing this and hopefully it will keep you on your toes! Any constructive criticism is encouraged. Also, if you find any mistakes, please notify me of them and I will fix them. Most of this was written late at night. This takes place after the Season Three finale, and has a beginning close to the one in the books. Now, onto the story!

Chapter One: Elena's Perspective

I pushed through the crowd feeling dizzy. Everything was spinning and I could hear the heartbeat of every person in the room.

"Damon! Damon, where are you?" I shouted.

"I'm right here, Elena. I will never leave your side."

"How do you do this? I can hear every heartbeat, sense every pulse, everyone is talking to me, and I..."

"Elena. It's okay. I'm right here. You will learn to deal with these impulses in time but right now we have to get out of here. Come on"

Just then a man with light brown hair and a broad jaw came up.

"I can take it from here, Damon," he said as he took me by the arm.

I flinched and pulled away.

"Who are you? What are you going to do with me? Do I know you? "

"You don't know who I am?" he said, as his eyes filled with concern.

"No. Why would I know you? I don't know anyone here except Damon."

"Elena, I'm Stefan. I've known you for three years... I've been in love with you for three years."

I looked at Damon for help. This must be a joke. You don't just forget someone... especially not someone who's been in love with you for three years.

"It's true, Elena. Stefan saved your life."

"I'm sorry, I just need to get out of here and clear my head."

I raced out of the house and ran towards the woods when I heard her.

"Imagine. Seeing you here."

I turned around and came face to face with myself.

"Katherine!"

And suddenly, I remembered everything.