1 / 15

// slight self harm tw

Hey.

You snap your neck to the voice. Eyes widen in the darkness, making sure that you had your eyes open rather than closed. It seemed though it made no difference - the darkness was far too black for human identification.

Follow me.

You blindly walked in a straight line - unsure where to go. It wasn't though that you were screaming on the inside that this was why most of the characters in horror films died, but because you simply did not know what to do. The darkness seemed to stretch out forever, and you felt though you were one lone candle, lit by whatever will to live you could muster.

Desperate for some sort of direction to follow, you listened to the voice. 

The sound of creaky stairs seizes your attention. You run to the memory of where the staircase was built, and the spurt of lightning and light from the outside spilled into the house, through the window, aimed right at where you were standing.

In a second, you swore you could see someone - a flash of light striking over their eyes-

"Fuck!"

You tumbled out of the sofa. The floorboards roared when you crashed, before whimpering as you groaned and lied flat. You rubbed your eyes, before patting your bottom for your phone hiding in the pocket. 

You fished it out, before clicking on the home button. 

4:01AM

Quickly pressing your thumb onto the button, your phone unlocked and you quickly tapped on the whatsapp icon. You needed a distraction, and fast, or you knew that your blood would chill at how...alive this place felt, despite being abandoned for quite a long time.

Tanizaki Junichirou

Me: Hey

Me: Are you awake.

Me: I ran away from home ayy lmao

You chuckle at your own lighthearted text, despite the weight that pulled your heart down. Your fingers hovered over the keyboard in anticipation when you saw that he was online.

Jun: Wh

Jun: wtf is wrong with you

Jun: Are you safe?

Jun: It's like 4am dude are you somewhere away from the storm? :(

Me: yeah. Im at some shady house that no one is in.

Jun: haunted, perhaps?

You snorted but felt uneasy at this.

Me: Dude shut up

Jun: haha jk

Jun: you know you could have crashed at my place fr

Me: ur sister is batshit crazy.

Jun: omg she's not that bad

Me: dude last time i came over she threatened me to shoot me, and i quote, "Mafia style"