Personalized Fate

Life 1:

As Jimin settles into the train, he goes over the music and words for the song he will be using to audition.

Feeling nervous and self-conscious about the singing portion, he goes over the lyrics over and over. Soon, he feels his eyelids getting heavy. The lyrics sheet falls to the floor at his feet as he dozes off, relieved he is on his way.

Life 2:

"Mother Fucker!"

Jimin throws his backpack on the ground, puts his head in his hands and squats down on the platform.

He watches the train maliciously leave him, when he notices blood on his right hand. He pulls his hand back to get a better view to see a pretty nasty gash on palm. Rolling his eyes, he realizes that his right leg/ hip are hurting as well. He stands up, taking inventory of his injuries. None are life threatening, but with the anger he's feeling, they are life ending.

These injuries represent the missed opportunity to get to do what he always wanted to do. To do what he dreamed of for years. He already had confidence in his dance talent. That talent was innate and he was currently enrolled as a top student at Busan Arts High School, where he worked very hard to improve his skills, yet dance came incredibly natural to him.

Singing, on the other hand, was something that he was very good at, but lacked confidence in.

"I wouldn't have made it anyway, " he thought, as he limped from the train station, feeling the pain from his fall physically, and the heartbreak from missing the train.

As he rounded the corner toward the spot where he had the collision with the man, the anger began to well up. It was undeniable. He was going to make that guy pay for ruining his life. It's as if he knew that things would forever be different and he embraced that anger.

As he stood on the corner, blood dripping from his palm and knee, his hip aching from taking the fall, he had his head down, letting the anger build.

Suddenly, he lifted only his eyes, panning the scene, looking for the mother fucker that took his happiness and the opportunity of a lifetime. Blood slowly dripped from his hand onto the ground.