INTO THE DEPTHS

Vivid red emergency lighting continued to flood the sweeping corridors, a deafening siren screaming overhead, the noise rebounding from the walls and filling the hallway with a clamor of noise. Slowly, maneuvering down the passageways, a tall and lean woman with curly dirty blonde hair tucked neatly back into her military cap, led a squad of four men down the twisting corridors. The soldiers wore black balaclavas slipped tightly over their faces and heavy body armor, something akin to a member of a SWAT team. Their heavy vests were weighed down with extra magazines for their firearms, and each of them possessed a pair of shoulder pads fixed adequately onto their vests. Unlike the mercenaries on the compound, these soldiers were more thoroughly equipped to deal with any additional containment threats that might occur, and they were armed with the much more lethal Tar-21s which were shouldered and ready to be fired at a moment's notice.

The woman leading the group, Amber Smith, held a Glock-17 handgun with a flashlight attachment mounted underneath the barrel. She maneuvered it slightly, lighting up the darkened passageway in front of them before pausing and holding up her right fist, motioning for the soldiers to halt. They stalled outside of the door marked 'Interview 2' as the door sat slightly ajar. In the corner of the room the silhouette of a pair of legs could be seen sticking out from beneath a metallic table, only illuminated by the occasional warning lights, a menacing sight in the dimly lit depths of the complex. She signaled for the soldiers to stack up on either side of the doorway as she kept her pistol aimed tensely at the opening.

Three, two, one- breach. She signaled with hand movements. In one swift motion, Amber and the soldiers stormed into the room, weapons raised, as they studied the entire setup. Inside, a table sat bathed in red lighting, with three chairs dotted around it, beneath them, a guard laid motionless on the floor, the outline of handcuff shackles was clearly present around his neck.

"Looks like our guests have escaped," one of the men said, kneeling down and checking the man's pulse. "He's alive boss, just unconscious," he stated standing to his feet.

"Thank god," Amber said, before turning her attention to two of the soldiers. "Jack, Andrew, find them, this breach just occurred so they can't be far behind," she ordered, staring at the two men as they nodded in agreement.

"Yes, ma'am," Andrew said, adjusting his rifle as the two proceeded to exit the room.

"And get a medical team down here as soon as this breach has been contained!" She yelled, sliding her pistol into a holster mounted to her thigh. "Charlie and Mitchel, you're with me," she said, making her way out of the room and down the far-reaching corridors toward the opening. The high-pitched alarm now subsided but the red lights continued to flash. She motioned for them to stop once more outside of the door labeled 'Power.'

"Go see if they did any damage in there, if they did, fix it, but be cautious, we don't know if they left anything behind," she ordered sternly. "And Mitchel, give me your rifle, I'm going to advance to inspect the lower half of the facility. Hopefully the chaos up here didn't have a knock-on effect, but you can never be too sure," she said, walking over toward him with her arm outstretched. Mitchel nodded, detaching his Tar-21 from a sling mounted to his shoulder rig, before handing it over to Amber. She nodded back and turned, sprinting to the end of the passageway before making a sharp right turn only to be met with a pair of large metal shutters connecting to the rest of the facility.

The cover was sealed securely and the words 'MAIN HALL' were engraved solidly into them. She swiped her ID badge on a console mounted to the wall and the device beeped as the rugged doorway began to slide open. Pushing forward, she entered into the main hall before reaching a pair of stainless-steel elevators situated on her left-hand side. She called one of them up and a soft hum sounded from the machine as the elevator made its way to her floor. The doors opened silently, greeting her with a glass and metal interior as she stepped inside and turned to study the floor plan mounted onto the wall.