“Fuck you, Andrew,” she snapped.

He grinned. “Anytime, angel.”

She shook her head in disgust. What the hell was wrong with this man? Did he not understand what the word no meant? Of course he didn’t. He was a spoiled brat who had grown up getting whatever he wanted. Now he thought he could just weasel his back into her life and it wasn’t the case.

“Good-bye, Andrew,” she said walking past him.

He sighed loudly. “You always were one to make a scene out of something simple,” he said grabbing her arm and pulling her up against him. “Why can’t you understand that I will do anything to get you back, Selene. Anything. “

She arched an eyebrow and brought her elbow down hard, hitting his side. He groaned and she sent her fist flying into his jaw. “I meant everything, I told you. I don’t want you. I don’t need you. There’s a reason why we didn’t work out obviously and time isn’t going to change the fact that you’re an overbearing, egoistic, self-absorbed control freak. You never loved me. You loved the fact that men wanted me and that you had me,” she said taking a few steps away from him. “Don’t make me say this again, Andrew, leave me the hell alone. I don’t want to ever see you again.”

A sneer twisted his face and he without warning charged forward, knocking them both to the ground. She brought her hands up to push him off but he used that to his advantage and grabbed both of her wrists pushing them together and lifting them above her head with one hand holding them place. The other hand moved down toward her face and tenderly pushed her hair out of her face. Her leg would’ve came up and made contact with his privates but he used all his weight to pin her to the floor.

“Get the fuck off of me!” she shouted as she attempted to free herself from his grip.

He shook his head and looked down at her with a glint in his eyes. She looked at him with absolute rage and anger filled her eyes. As she struggled beneath him, everything that he had done to her, every touch of his fist to her body, every lie and verbal offense he had ever made came to mind. As her anger built the glasses on the corner began to shake, a breeze filled the room, the windows rattled, the lights flickered on and off and the wind could be heard from outside blowing like a raging storm. As she looked up at him, she heard him gasp in surprise. Using that to her advantage she tugged on her wrist and he let go immediately. A few seconds later he was flying through the air as her feet came in contact with his chest. She rolled over and came to her feet as she stalked towards him. Every movement her body screamed of anger.

The way her hips rolled, the calculated outraged look in her eyes and the way she held her hands. Her hair whipped around as a strong breeze surrounded her and she felt energized. She had never felt so empowered as she had in that moment. The necklace under her shirt was extremely warm and she could feel a charge going through her frame and the necklace. She couldn’t believe him. What had he thought he was going to do to her? Did he really think that she was just going to lay back and let him have his way with her? Did he think that she was still the same gullible, vulnerable girl that she had been before? He sure had acted like it. It didn’t matter though because she was going to teach him what it meant to mess with the new Selene. He’d learn to never test her patience again.

Looking over at his sprawled out frame, she snarled. She didn’t care that he had flew from where she was at to the stools by the bar. All that mattered to her was that he learn that he couldn’t dominate or control her as he done in the past. She looked at him with curling her lip in disgust as he groaned holding his head, pushing one of the bar stools off of him. With each step she took toward him the more the glasses by the counter shook. Some moved closer to the edge near him and others fell to the other side of the bar. Stopping in front of him, she didn’t hesitate, she leaned down and grabbing him by the collar of his shirt pulled him up. Without a moment’s hesitation her fist made contact with his jaw as she released his shirt. He stumbled and she swung around her leg coming up as it her foot made contact with his chest knocking him  off his feet once again. In an instance her feet were planted firmly apart, her fist raised protectively in front of her as she glared down at him.