•01

<Third Person>
Jeonghan rested his head on his palms and look out of the window to see the happily grinning boy playing alone again.

It's becoming a habit of his this month or so. Everyday after kindergarten he had to see how the young boy was doing.

It made him excited, coming back from school everyday just to see the boy.

Jeonghan felt amazed at how the smile never left the boy's face.

He wanted to experience the same happiness that boy was feeling too.

"Jeonghan," his Mother called for him.

"Yes Eomma," Jeonghan asked, walking down the stairs.

"Don't you want to go play? Why don't you join the young boy from across. He seems like he could use some accompanying," his Mother told him.

Jeonghan nodded and followed his mother's order. He grabbed his coat and ran to join the boy.

"Hello, I'm Jeonghan!" Jeonghan said in excitement.

The young boy looked up too see a grinning Jeonghan and smiled back.

"I'm Seungcheol!" The boy greeted.

"Can I join you and be your Best Friend?" Jeonghan asked, showing Seungcheol a toothy grin.

Seungcheol nodded, ushering Jeonghan to the swing and asking for permission to push.

After the end of the day, Jeonghan had to go eat dinner. He bid goodbye to his new friend and left.

This became a habit of Jeonghan's for three years- to play with Seungcheol and be his Best Friend.

They were inseparable.

On the first day of middle school for the both of them, they held each other's hands tightly, promising not to let go.

They skipped to the back of the line and sat beside each other, still holding hands.

Till to this day they never left each other.
-
<Yoon Jeonghan>
"Seungcheol," I giggled and ran up to him.

"Hi Jeonghan. I made you cookies," Seungcheol handed me a paper bag from his hands.

"Thank you! They look good," I happily opened the bag and the smell of cookies hit me.

"Wow Seungcheol! These are daebak," I smiled closing the bag carefully.

"I helped Eomma bake them," Seungcheol said proudly.

"Can I bake with you someday," I asked.

"Of course! As long as you promise not to eat all the cookies," Seungcheol giggled.

"I promise," I said.
-
<Choi Seungcheol>
My Best Friend is Jeonghan.

He's been my Best Friend since I was three.

I first saw him when my Eomma brought me home from school.

His Eomma held his hand and waved to my Eomma. They waved and even had a small chat.

I was bored and looked at the boy in front of me.

"Hey, do you like to play?" I asked shyly.

The boy nodded and kept his head down.

I wanted to asked him to play with me but my Eomma pulled me off before I could do so.

I didn't get to talk to him after that.

But he came to play with me one day and said he would be my Best Friend.

I was really happy that day.

When I went home, my Eomma asked me why I was smiling hugely.

I told her that I made a new Friend.

She laughed and ruffled my hair and said she was proud.

"I wasted time like a fool, not realising time was leaving."
~Seventeen's Without You
(Sang by Hoshi; 0:30-0:35)