14 - Night

The pain floods your senses. . .

.

.

.

When he brings me back to the room he's kept me in, he sets me down gently.

"I'm sorry." He says and I find that I can't speak. I'm breathless and in pain. It feels like my mind is being penetrated by daggers trying to pierce through and retrieve the treasure inside.

All the small things. . . Like daggers. . .

I back away from him, scared. His eyes become saddened.

"I'm not going to bring you to him again. I. . . I'm going to help you escape."

The determination in his tone makes me a bit relieved. He leans over me and my breath catches at how close he is.

"Ben. . ." I whisper, he brings his arms down and around me.

"But for now I want to spend one night with you."

My face deepens in the colour crimson. He looks away from me and then buries his face into my neck. He stays there.

We lay there and the longer we do, the more I can hear his heart beating rapidly. He's nervous.

I put my arms around him and his breath catches, and he buries his face even more in my neck.

"Ben. . . I'm tired. . ." I whisper.

"Go to sleep, and I'll be here when you wake up."

He leaves a kiss to my neck and I close my eyes, savoring this moment.