The Small Things

**A/N**

Hey lovelies. Eh, see that? I actually updated the frickin' book. 😂
I hope ya guys had a great Christmas. I got... calendars. Lmao. Either way it's not about what you get, it's about what you give. I baked 42 cookies for all my friends and *coughing noises* my crush that doesn't really pay attention to my existence *cough* but hey at least he knows my name!

Onwards and upwards (insert Lenny face here) with the story!!

🤓🤓🤓

Mark's P.O.V

***

"So... will you be my boyfriend?"

Jack just stared at me for a moment, blinking, then his eyes closed slightly. I felt anxiety rising inside me for the dead silent moment we had.
"Mark..." he sounded regretful. I felt my heart sink in my chest. He's going to say no...
"Of course I will! Yes!~" he stepped forward to hug me, his arms wrapping around my waist as he rested his head against my shoulder. I blushed for a moment before hugging him back as gently as I could so I wouldn't aggravate his injuries.

I don't deserve this boy.

We pulled out of the hug and held hands as we walked away from the restaurant. It was a peaceful moment: just walking side by side holding hands, no words being exchanged, just enjoying each other's company. We looked over at each other every so often, smiling. He had made my life so much better just by being in it, and I wanted to do the same for him. The moment was over as soon as it had began. We reached Jack's car, and I smiled as I got into the passenger seat beside him. He got in right after me, and smiled at me before starting the ignition.

"Im really happy that you said yes..." I said, blushing. This beautiful boy who spent all his time and energy on me, and a bruised nose, was now my boyfriend. Words couldn't exactly describe the mood it put me in.

"Hehe... I'm glad we met. I'm glad that we hang out, because you're super important to me... I'm glad you asked." I saw him drop his right hand towards me, so I grabbed it, blushing, and we stayed that way the entire ride back to my house.

**THE TIME SKIP GOES SKRAAA! AND A PAP PAP KAKAKA! (If you got that reference, I love you 😂)**

Once we got back to my house, I was forced to let go of Jack's hand. We got to my door and I opened it for him, watching as he looked side to side before entering. I followed close behind, making sure to keep quiet, mostly because I wasn't sure if my father was home or not. We crept up to my room without trouble, and I closed the door behind us.

"Either he's sleeping, at the other side of the house, or he's in town. My mom will be home from work in about 3 hours." I said, sitting next to Jack on my bed.

"What do we do for that long?" He asked.

"Hmm, I don't know. There's a lot we could to in that time, wink wink." I said, then started to laugh when he stared at me, blushing. "I'm just kidding. Maybe we can find some game to play for a while."

"Ooh, yeah. Do you have any ideas?"

"I'm not sure. If you don't know, then we don't need to do anything, really..." I blushed while I said that. Playing a game would be fun, but I kind of just enjoyed being in Jack's company. I wouldn't mind just snuggling with him instead of something else.

Jack blushed at me. "What are you suggesting?" He asked me, and I visibly saw him starting to get nervous.

"We could just... cuddle.. o-or something.." I said. I hope I didn't make him uncomfortable...

I watched his shoulders droop and he smiled gently. "Yeah. Who needs to go out and do something when you can just be with your boyfriend? Haha."

I leaned back on my pillows against the wall, watching Jack do the same. It reminded me of when his father hit me and we cuddled on his bed while he comforted me... we were only friends then. And it was an anxious situation. Now we could just relax in my room with the door locked for a few hours and do whatever we wanted to do.

Jack lay facing me, and I looked at his bruised nose.

"How does your nose feel?" I asked, feeling bad for him again.

"It's a little sore if I bump it but it doesn't hurt as bad as it did before."

"It looks way less swollen, hopefully it heals soon." I smiled.

"Yeah... can't wait to hear what those fuckers say when we go back to school. 'Oh, did you bust it when you were fucking your fag boyfriend?' even though he knows that he did it." He frowned, and I reached out slightly to hold his hand.

"Well, they're all just assholes. They don't care about us, so we shouldn't care about them. As long as I have you, I'll be okay. And you'll be okay too."

"Yeah, haha. I came here worried about making friends... but the only person I need is you." We smiled at each other. Our intertwined fingers now lay between us both as we talked. This is what I enjoyed. Playing a game was nice, but just enjoying his company was even better.

**A/N**

Awwwww, those cuties. 😘😌❤️😊

Ok so, this is very annoying to me, but whenever I try to type, the regular font won't show up. It always automatically goes to bold, and when I turn the bold off, it only lets me type one letter normally before going back to bold. If someone can plz help me fix that fucking thing, it'll be very helpful. -__-

Anyways, thank you for reading, and if you liked it, PUNCH that vote button, IN the face, LIKE A BOSS!!!

And I will see all you dudes, in the next chapter!

Buh-bye!