PART I, CHAPTER 2: Alternate Dimension?!

SUNNY

"Did Sunny believe he was really in an alternate dimension?" Mr. Yang asked.

"Oh, he didn't." I chuckled. "He was very skeptical about it. Even if it felt real, he just couldn't make himself believe in such thing."

Mr. Yang pursed his lips. "That's such a bummer. If it felt real, why is he still skeptical?"

"That's just how he is. He doesn't really want to believe things that seem highly unlikely to happen. Maybe you can consider him a logical person who believes only in facts and reality, in what is proven rather than what is believed and assumed."

"Hmm...." Mr. Yang wrote that down in his notebook. "I see. I still don't get how the first-hand experience with the alternate dimension fail to convince him, but okay."

"It's his nature, sir. Maybe he really thought it was all a dream or it was all just his thoughts, because.... he himself likes imagining things."

"Okay. But what about the Spanish boy? Did he meet Sunny again afterwards?"

The thought of it made me smile.

"Yes," I said. "But it was a real challenge at first."

"I can never imagine how it turned out."

"And when they met.... it was weird."

***

I tried my level best to forget about it. About that park, that alternate dimension, that Spanish boy. I told myself it's all just in my head.

During lunch, I decided to play some pranks on my most favorite people. Note the sarcasm.

I prepared my skateboard, then put on my earphones and played some classics: BIGBANG and 2NE1.

Despite my previous experiences with people inside the elevator, I still chose to ride inside because.... I hate stairs.

When other students from lower floors began joining me inside, they shot me weird looks.

What? I'm not even singing or rapping anything. I'm already keeping quiet, and they're still glaring at me?

Jeez, everyone here in this school hates me for no reason.

Well, what can I say? Welcome to Olympus University.

***

I went inside the sports gym and found the Brazilian volleyball captain Im Eun-joo, practicing with her whole varsity team. And as I saw them practicing, I decided to make a little..... mess.

I stomped my feet on the ground, then accelerated my skateboard.

The ten volleyball athletes divided themselves into two teams, so they can practice team fights, and I crossed in between them.

"Hey, girls!" I waved and slowed down. "Just passing by, I hope you'll let me."

"Lee Sun-shin!" Eun-joo yelled, as she made a forehand service in the back. "Get the f*ck out of here!"

"Sure." I said, then threw some plastic bags on both sides of the court, and one on the net. "Enjoy practicing!"

"Stupid Korean punk...." Eun-joo muttered. "Alright, girls, let's continue!'

Little did they know what was inside those plastic bags.....

I got farther from the volleyball girls, and after a few seconds, I hid behind a trash can and looked afar to see if my prank worked.