Chapter 14

**A/N: Hi all, another announcement that you probably don't want to hear, but it need to be said, this book is coming to an end. I'm only going up to where she forgives them, so it is still classified as a HEA, but we won't be going into them rebuilding their relationships. I just have way too many other stories going on. Maybe I'll do a sequel eventually, but it would be after I finish some of these other stories. Thanks for understanding!**

**Ryan**

Sang was different in the days following that stupid sleepover. What was supposed to be a fun night to de-stress, only managed to stress her out more from what I could tell. I'd catch her staring at herself in the mirror longer than usual, looking at herself from every angle, examining the strands of her hair. She got lost in her own head more often, staring into space while someone was trying to talk to her. We ended up spending less nights apart; somehow she'd find her way into my bed, not that I'm complaining on that one, but if the reason was because of these assholes instead of her just wanting to be in my arms during the night, then I'd have a few things to say about it.

It was clear Sang wasn't in her right frame of mind this week, and because of that, we decided not to perform. Instead, the plan was for all of us to go out and just enjoy each other's company, the way it was before they showed up.

"Get up, get dressed. We're going out."

Sang looks up from her planked position on her bed, an open book in front of her.

"Where are we going? I thought we cancelled tonight's show."

"We did," I reply, sitting down next to her. "But you've been so checked out this week that we thought a night out would do you some good."

"I have not been checked out."

"Really? Zerric cheated at pool last night and you didn't say anything."

"Because I didn't notice."

"And what about Darren starting a food fight at dinner the other night?"

Her eyes widen, as a small wrinkle appears on her forehead, clearly showing that she doesn't remember, but that doesn't stop her from playing it off. Her face straightens out as she shrugs.

"He has weird ways of expressing himself."

"According to Marissa, you wanted in on her and Karen, mid-couitus in the kitchen and it was like you didn't even know they were there."

I can see the gears turning in her head as she tries to think of when this could have happened. For Sang, who is extremely aware of her surroundings, to not notice that people are in the room with her, never mind that they're getting busy on the kitchen counter, it definitely shows that her mind has been elsewhere.

"Have I really been that out of it?" The wounded look in her eyes breaks my heart. It hurts that I can't help her through this. None of us can. All we can do is be there for her when she finally figures it all out.

When I don't answer, she nods to herself before rolling over to get off the bed. My eyes track her as she walks around the bed to stand in front of me. Her small hands circle my wrists and puts them behind her back, letting me decide if I want to keep them there or not. I clutch my own wrists as she lets go, letting my arms hang loosely around her waist. Her arms come up to circle around my neck as she looks down at me.

It's times like this when I hate how low her bed is.

"I'm sorry," she whispers, her eyes tearing up slightly. "You guys don't deserve only half of me, not after all you've done to help me. I'll do better. I promise."

"Babe. We just want you back to normal. The way you've been these past few days isn't healthy. I know you don't like to talk about it but we're all here for you. Forgiveness is never for the other person, love."

"I hear you," she nods. "And I'm working on it. It's just hard."

"I know it is, but don't worry. We'll get through this. Together."

"Together."

An hour later, we're relaxing in a booth at a karaoke spot we like to go to for fun. We never perform, but we do like to watch people get drunk have fun making a fool out of themselves up on the stage. Everything's going great until the DJ announces the next "performer".

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for the next brave souls to grace the stage. Nathan and Gabriel!"

Sang starts to choke oh her drink as her eyes bulge out of their sockets. I'm too busy pounding on her back to notice the two walk up tp the stage, nevermind see where they came from. But I'm not too distracted to hear their declaration.

"I know you probably don't want to hear from us right now," Nathan speaks. "But all that we ask is that you hear us out. We miss you, and we get that you're pissed, but we are so sorry."

Gabriel says nothing, but his eyes seek out Sang's. He winces imperceptibly when he sees her wrapped in my arms, but says nothing as he cues the DJ to play their chosen song. I'm about to pull Sang out of the booth when her hand lands on my thigh, stopping me from standing. She gives me a small shake of her head as she leans back into the booth, her frame rigid but trying to disguise it. I give her a nod as I lean back next to her, and a laugh rumbles through me when I hear the opening strands to the new Justin Bieber song. Gabriel steps up to the mic and starts.

You ain't gotta answer none of my calls, I'm believing you'll pick up one day.
I don't wanna add to your pain at all, I'm praying that time makes a change in your life.
I'm realizing how much you made a change in my life.
And I don't wanna spend it with nobody else, hear me?

Don't nobody deserve myself, oh no, baby what I'm saying is,
You ain't gotta make your mind up.
You ain't gotta make your mind up right now.
Right now, don't rush, no pressure.
You ain't gotta make your mind up.
You ain't gotta make your mind up right now.
Calm down, don't rush, no pressure.

As Gabriel sings through the second verse, Sang's body gets less tense, her eyes get less pinched. There's still annoyance in her eyes at being put on the spot like this, but she's listening. Her eyes widen just the tiniest bit when Nathan pushes off from his spot on the wall to walk up next to Gabriel, his eyes on Sang the entire time.

I know you don't wanna talk, right
We've been on and off like the cross lights
You heard I'm playin' with them hoes like I golf, right?
When I touch you, I get frostbite
Girl you're so cold, so cold, so cold
How we so young but livin' so old?
In the bed together but we sleepin' solo
That could drive you loco
You supposed to be my uno, Yoko Ono
Oh no, round two again
We've been fighting more than Ryu and Ken
Last time we argued eight straight days
I learned my lesson, I got straight As
And I know it's deeper than masseuses
Oh, you know I eat the cookie like I'm Lucious
Go ahead and take the time
But it's a waste of time if your waist ain't on mine
Think about it

Gabriel jumps back in on the chorus, and as much as I'm not feeling these guys for hurting Sang, I can appreciate good music, and an attempt at an apology. Let's hope that since Sang is actually listening to this, instead of walking away like I know she probably wants to, it's a step in the right direction.