"I thought you said you weren't going to get me anything," He said grabbing the gift.

"I'd be a bad person if I didn't," I said. He unwrapped the box and pulled out the envelope with the gift card in it.

 "KFC?!" I smiled and he hugged me before grabbing the blanket out. I smiled. "A UCLA blanket?"

"You're not done unwrapping it," I said. My dad, Brianna, and Bridget all watched as he unfolded the blanket. The letter fell out and he picked it up. He looked up at me and then down at the letter. He opened it and handed it to me.

"You want me to read it?" I asked.

"Yeah, there are big words," He said. I smiled as he kissed my cheek. I read the letter out loud.

"Dear Jayden,
 CONGRATULATIONS! On behalf of the faculty and staff of University of California, Los Angeles, it is with great pleasure that I inform you of your admission to UCLA as a member of the Class of 2018. You were selected from an extraordinarily accomplished and academically talented group of applicants. You and your classmates are truly outstanding in your accomplishments, talents, interests, and potential. This is a particularly exciting time to be a student at UCLA and have the opportunity to work with a faculty renowned for their excellence in teaching and also for their exceptional scholarship and research. I hope this early acceptance to UCLA will enable you to pursue the secondary school experience without the additional demands of the college admissions process. It is our expectation that you stay fully engaged in your studies and other pursuits for the remainder of your secondary school career. Under the early decision agreement, you are required to withdraw applications at all other colleges and refrain from initiating any new ones. Please confirm your intent to enroll no later than January 18th, 2018. Again, congratulations on your acceptance and please let me know if we can be of any help between now and next September. We look forward to welcoming you in the fall and working with you during the exciting four years ahead. Sincerely, Lucy Henderson," I said.

A/N: I just looked up college acceptance letters and got all the info from there. I have no idea what these look like😂 

"Does that mean... I got accepted?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes!" He yelled causing Bridget to squeal a little bit. I laughed as he jumped on me and kissed my cheek. "I got in, babe!"

"I know!" I laughed.

"And it's all because of you..."

"No, it's because of you. I just helped you get your grades up and keep you motivated with your homework. But you haven't asked me for help on your homework in over a month and you've managed to still pass your tests and keep your grades up without my help. You did it all by yourself," I said. He smiled and kissed my cheek again. "Congrats."

He just smiled cheekily and stared at the letter.

"Congratulations, Jayden," My dad said. Bridget just stared at her new phone and Brianna played with the new necklace that my dad got her.

"Thank you, Mr. Johnson," He said. I smiled and lied my head on his shoulder. He looked down at me and smile.

"Have you talked to your parents?" My dad asked.

"Yeah," Jayden said. "Uh... my brother will be getting married in February and as soon as he gets married, I'm out of here." He smiled. I pouted and held onto his hand.

"Did you wish your parents a Merry Christmas?"

"Yeah, I called them this morning, but I think I might go and stop by later today and drop off the Christmas presents that I got for them."