Chapter Five-Mama Bear

(A/N) In this chapter I will be writing in Cody's perspective as well as Jacquelyns. Hope you enjoy.

Chapter Five-Mama Bear

The only light is coming from the edges of the door. I drew every detail without knowing about room, or where it is. For all I know, I could be in Europe, Spain, or I don't even know! I passed out for the trip. I lean against the wall behind me and close my eyes. I think of a way to get out. I know the door is locked. I slowly get up and walk to the door.

I touch the door. It feels cold under my fingertips. There is little light, and I look on the side of the door. Nothing. I lay on the floor and try to look under the door. I see the other side of the hall, but nothing else. There are no feet, so no one is in the hall.

Even though I know it's useless I try opening the door. The knob moves a little , but it doesn't open the door. I knock on the door. No one answers. "Hello! Danny! Is anyone out there?" I yell. No one comes. I pound on the door "Anyone! Come on! Let me out! I didn't do anything wrong!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

I pound repeatedly until my hands ached and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get bruises. I have cuts on my hands and they are bleeding, but I feel no pain. They are numb. I crumble to the ground and start crying.

How long have I been gone? An hour? A day? I cry for my family. I never said 'bye' to my dad or brother. I cry and my heart feels heavy in my chest.

~~~Cody's P.O.V.~~~

Mom hangs up her phone angrily. "She isn't answering?" I ask. "No!" she says, steam would be blowing out of her ears if this were a cartoon. "She's going to be in so much trouble when she gets back" she huffs. Why would Jacque go to the mall with her friends if just last night she was saying how outrageous the idea of disobeying her parents is?

Mom suddenly grabs her purse and keys and walks to the front door.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I'm going to get your sister from the mall" she snaps at me.I smile and run up to her. "Can I come?" I ask wanting to see Jacque get yelled at. "Fine, lets go" she opens the front door. "Bruce! I'm going to the mall to get Jacque!" she yells to the kitchen.

Dad walks to the doorway with a sandwich in his hand. "I'm going with you" he says. He takes a bite and walks to us. Mom nods to me and we walk to the car. The car ride to the mall is deadly silent. No music, no 'I'm so going to kill Jacque', nothing.

Then mom cuts through the silence with her voice."Cody, what store would she be at?" she asks me, and my eyes widen. How am I supposed to know what stores she goes to?

"I don't know mom, a girl store I guess" I tell her and she shakes her head. "I know that, I mean. . . " she sighs "Forget it" she says defeatedly. We arrive and mom gets out of the car. She hurries to the mall determination written all over her face. I look at dad.

He's calm, but you can never really tell when he's mad. He always has a smile on his face, or a blank face, and right now he has a blank face.

**30 Minutes later**

30 minutes, that's how long it took to scout every store on the east side of the mall. "Is she in that store?" mom asks me as she walks out of a candy store. I shake my head 'no'. Mom looks at dad and he also shakes his head 'no'.

Mom looks just barely past me, and her face shows recognition. She pushes past me and dad and makes a bee line for a group of teenagers. Two girls and a gay, I mean a guy. I actually need to run to catch up to her.

"Where's Jacquelyn?" mom questions the taller brown haired one. She's cute. I shake my head remembering Millie. "Jacquelyn?" she asks. "Yes Jacquelyn! Where is she?" mom asks. "Oh, Jacque went home early today due to a P.E. injury. Nothing bad though." she tells mom politely.