{Chapter 14} You're Next 🌷 [Part 2]

Previously on Vampire Vacation

"Is Evie here.. or alive?" Lottie nervously giggled.

"Yeah, actually." Lexi sarcastically said while taking a bite of her morning food.

"Really?"

Lexi snorted and laughed, "No.. Silly, she is dead."

Lexi went to take a bite of the cereal but she found a message in her milk. It was hard to read at first but suddenly it became more clear to her. "You're Next," the message read. Lexi laughed it off in her head at first but then she realized that wasn't the only time she noticed those two words.

"You are insane, Lexu." Adriana said.

"I am not! Y'all are the ones that wanted to know, okay?" Lexi tried to defend herself but no one believed her.

"Do you see what it reads?" Lexi showed and gave a hint onto what is going on. The Gals huddled around the bowl to read.

"It says...nothing." Clare said.

"Are you kidding."

After a day full of arguments, the Gals decided to head back to their dorms at such a late hour.

"Ugh." Lexi stressed. "No one is going to believe a liar."  She grabbed some toilet paper, soaked it up and wiped it on her forehead but it wasn't coming off.
————

"You're Next," Evie smiled.

"Evie! I thought you were dead!" Lexi squealed without thinking twice. Lexi looked around and grabbed anything she could find in the room that she thought that could protect her.

Unluckily, Lexi snatched up a brush in complete shock. She pointed the tip of the brush towards Evie in fear. Evie evilly laughed and threw the brush at the wall to her left. The brush broke into a million pieces and made a huge "crash!" 

Evie grabbed Lexi's arm and spun her around so they could talk and see each other face to face.  "I am dead.. well I was, I guess." She crossed her arms, "You forgot one important part about us species and it's foolish of you."

"Foolish?... explain."

Evie became more in depth with what she meant: "Well, if you don't know.. when someone gets their blood sucked by a vampire, the victim..."

"Becomes a vampire too!" Lexi and Evie both said at the same time.

"Gah! How could I possibly forget? I'm so dumb." Lexi covered her face in her ands as she passed around the hotel bathroom.

"Indeed, got my blood donated by Alex, well... that's the one who took it from me." Evie checked her nails like she wasn't phased at all.

"Alex? Alex... Alex..." Lexi questioned, it took her a second to remember him. She finally remembered, "The guy who attacked Livia?"

Evie rolled her eyes and completely ignore her question, she had no time for Lexi's silly questions.

"Are you're friends chickens like you, Lexi?"

"What? No!"

"How? All it takes is a simple note, a simple note and it will drive you bonkers!"

Lexi was furious, she was a tough cookie and she was never called such words. "Listen here! I ain't no chicken! Because chickens don't care for their friends and I do!"

"Friend?" Evie got closer to Lexi's face. "What about me? I'm not some chopped liver to you, right?"

"Of course you are my friend! I even checked your pulse for crying out loud." Lexi replied to Evie. Lexi was mortified but she tried to stay strong. It wasn't really working against Evie.