[44.1] A loner

Start bij het begin

"Shut up, Hirai Momo."

"Aigoo someone is sulking!" Momo said as she pinch Dahyun's cheeks.

"Ah! It's hurt! Stay away!" Dahyun push Momo's hands away from her cheeks. She held her burning cheeks. "It's hurt, you know!"

"I don't know! You are too cute! Let me pinch your cheeks more!!" Said Momo excitedly. Dahyun slap her hands before her hands reached her cheeks.

"Mina~ Look at Momo! Help me~~" Dahyun whining.

Mina could just only laugh at them. For minutes the two won't stop. Momo keep teasing Dahyun and Dahyun keep whining. There's someone knocking the door making the two stop teasing and whining.

The door slowly open, revealing a person on a wheelchair. It's Chaeyoung's friend. One of Chaeyoung's closest friends on the disability school who also suffering the same disease like Chaeyoung.

She smiled at them. "Hi."

"Oh, it's Hani! Hi!"

The smile didn't left Hani's face. She push her wheelchair closer to them. "It's been a long time, Mina. How are you feeling?"

"Better.. how are you?"

Hani look down. Her hand find Mina's hand. She caressed it gently. "I don't know..."

"Hani... what's wrong? Something bothering you?" Momo asked in worried tone.

Yup, they are pretty close to Hani. It's all thanks to Chaeyoung.

Hani nod. "I can't sleep well.. i can't eat well.. without them, everything is missing. Two left me. It should be three but now, it's only me who left! I am lonely! I hate this disease so much!"

"Hani... you know, you can't be like this. You-"

Hani cut off Dahyun. "I miss Chaeyoung.. i miss Irene.. these two were my closest friends at the disability school. We three had the same disease. This fucking disease took them two and me??? I'm just waiting for the time to come.." she burst into tears.

Dahyun and Momo quickly get Hani and hug her while Mina caressed her hair with love.

"Don't say like that! You must stay strong! I am sure Chaeyoung and Irene don't want to you to be like this!" Said Mina.

It tooke almost ten minutes for Hani to calm down. Hani then take out something from her backpack on her lap. A shopping bag.

A shopping bag that Mina knew it very well.

"This..." Mina's heart started beating faster.

"A shopping bag, yeah.."

"I mean this..."

"It is a shopping bag. Why?"

"No, i mean this shopping bag...."

"Urmm what's wrong?"

"Where and how did you get this?"

Hani look down at the shopping bag. Tears by tears escaping her eyes. "It's Chaeyoung's...."

"I know, but how?"

Hani shook her head. "I don't want to tell you how but I'm going to tell you about things inside this bag."

"3 handkerchiefs with knitting needs, am i right?"

"H-how did you k-know?" Hani asked as she look up at Mina with her crying face.

Now, Mina join Hani crying as she recalled on how she know what's inside that bag.

"Mina? Are you okay?" Dahyun asked. "Wh-what happened here? I'm a bit confused."

"Not a bit confused but i am very confused. I understand nothing," Momo said. "How can you scan what's inside that bag?"

"I... knew it because... i.. once saw it."

"H-how? If you were there, why didn't you help Chaeyoung?!" Hani said a bit shouted.

"Woah clam down. I still don't get this situation," said Dahyun.

"Me too. Now, i am really a pabo. Care to explain?" Momo said.

And Mina started to tell everything from A-Z. Even though Mina stop many times in the middle of her story/explanation because she's crying real bad, she manage to finish it. And she also manage to bring everyone in tears.

"So... that's also explained how you end up being in this hospital?" Asked Momo in between her cry. Mina nod.

"You guys want to know something about these things?" Hani open her mouth after being silence for a long time. She can't handle it but to cry when Mina told her story. She shed her tears a bit even tho she know it will be wet again. "These things actually for you guys. A gift for each of you guys. She knew that you guys will did well in your entrance exam so she want to make something as a gift. Turned out, she want to make a handkerchief with... maybe she going to knit you guys name on it.."

Hearing that, the crying sound getting louder. Hani continue with her cracking voice. "Myb it will only take a day or two for normal people to do it but for Chaeyoung, someone like me, it could take a week or more to make it done. So i guess i shouldn't be keeping these. These are actually belongs to you guys... take a good care of these."

Hani continued. "These may look simple but without hard work it wouldn't be work. Every night.... Chaeyoung will go out and stare at the moon. Only the moon. I once asked her, why are you only stare at the moon when the stars were far way more beautiful than the moon?

She said, can't you see that? The moon is alone but the stars are not alone. Even though the moon is alone, it's still shine. It's still keep it's rounded shape. I want to keep accompany the moon so that it will not be alone. I know how painful a loner is."