Meeting Mr.President

I can't believe I'm here, in the actual White House" Terri says as we get directed to the main room where the event was happening.
I smile at my supervisor as we step through the open door.
The room was ginormous, banquet tables ran along the entire of one wall and tables and chairs lined the walls, leaving a large area in the middle where agents danced in delicate gowns and tailored suits.
To the right of the room sat a large stage where currently an orchestra played.
"Can you see him anywhere?" Terri asks about the man himself, his arm tightening around mine with excitement.
"No, why don't you grab us a drink" I say nodding towards the men walking around with glasses of bubbly. It's not whisky but liquid confidence works in any form.

I take a deep breath as I stand near the door waiting for Terri. God I'm so nervous, I've never been this nervous in my life and I've been an agent for 9 years.
Terri was dressed to impress in his most expensive suit and a bow tie, his hair gelled back into a low ponytail. He had gotten it trimmed yesterday but it was still past chin length, the way I liked it. I, on the other hand, didn't even recognise myself when I looked in the mirror. My mother had caused a big fuss and called me a professional makeup artist who had spent hours applying what felt like layers upon layers of makeup to my face. It was a lot considering I only ever wear foundation and that's only on a bad skin day or if I'm abroad. Here, at the office and the usual day to day I don't bother with it. And my dress, it was gorgeous, although it tried to kill me. With its built-in corset that sucked everything in rib tight, I felt like I was being squeezed, though my mother insisted it's supposed to be tight. It had a sweetheart neckline and was embellished with gold and crystal stones on the pink corset. The skirt that started at mid waist was a deep red and had several layers of organza making it thick and full. It was beautiful and worth every penny spent. My hair was the only simple thing about me tonight, left down and loosely curled.I had a sparkly clutch bag the same red as my dress that hung on a silver chain over my shoulder. I thought it was a bit much but admittedly I liked the outcome.

"You're turning a few heads!" Terri says when he returns, passing me my drink.
I just smile uninterested, the only head I wanted to turn tonight was Leon's, even if I was mad at him for leaving that morning without a goodbye.

"Thank you, Chris, this is exactly what I need!" I hear in a soft tone to my right as I take my first sip
A man and woman step in beside us and the voice must have belonged to the pretty girl with the auburn ponytail wearing a long elegant red dress, on her arm the man was very muscular and quite tall with short chopped black hair.
"Ooh champagne!" She says spotting us stood beside her with our drinks
"You wouldn't mind pointing me in the direction to where you got those could you?" She asks us, escaping from the mans arm
"Just there!" Terri points as the man with her shakes his head
"I can't take my sister anywhere!" He says peering at us
I smile
"Hi, we haven't met. Chris Redfield", BSAA" he says shaking our hands
"I'm Amy Ray and this is my supervisor Terri, we're O.S.I"
"Ahh I've heard about you agent Ray!" He says and I give him a curious look
"There you go" the guys sister says as she returns, thrusting a glass into her brothers hand, he looked reluctant to take it but did anyway.
"Claire, Meet Amy Ray and Terri....?"
"Clements!" Terri answers and Chris nods
"You're the girl Anderson told me about!" Claire says, her lips tighten and it looks like she's sizing me up. I blink at her and Chris laughs.
Suddenly Claire takes my arm with a smile
"What did Leon do to deserve that greeting?" She asks amused and I look to the men before back to the red head.
She must be talking about Russia and how I nearly punched him.
"You know Leon?" I ask her
"Do I, we go way back, the stories I could tell, but first, I wanna hear yours!"
"Claire, stop sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong!" Chris threats
"Hmpth" she huffs at her brother and he gives her a toothy grin
"Why don't you go find your boyfriend!" She teases
"Piers isn't here yet!" He answers with a glare
"So you guys been here before?" Terri asks
"This is my 8th year" Chris admits
"It's a first for me" Claire says as she admires the place
"Same here" I say and Claire smiles at me
"I say us newbies stick together"
I smile at the redhead. I liked her.