CHAPTER-14 MARRIAGE (II)

ابدأ من البداية

"Riyad,Hoor is going to be your wife...Marriage is such a pious relation but love,respect and trust are the pillars of marriage.And you very well know if a pillar is damaged or broken then no one can stop the walls from collapsing.I know in the beginning everything will be kind of difficult as I know you never shared your room with anyone but now you need to sweetheart....Give hoor space and time.Trust her and try to become outspoken only for hoor cause the less we speak the less the conversation and interaction between you guys will be...so you cant easily get comfortable with each other..."Their talk continued and she adviced her son to be faithful and loving husband.

On the other hand Hoor Ali was scared and nervous..Never in her twenty years of life she had been so restless as she was today..Now she was going to be a wife..she always dreamed of a handsome and caring person with whom she' ll spend her life...and Riyad was not less than a hero to her.she thanked Allah for giving such a charming husband.

Little did she know that ...Almighty Allah always tests the person whom he loves truly and Hoor and Riyad were one of them...

----------------------

The Nikkah was held in the evening.During the nikkah ceremony Riyad recieved a call,an unknown number appeared on his mobile screen and he furrowed his eyebrows looking perplexed.He reluctantly said

"Asalamualaikum..who is this?"

"Riyad its me Anissa"The person on otherside of phone spoke out
and Riyad was bewildered.His shocked face and discreet breaths were suffocating him..
He so badly wanted to get away from here and reach Anissa as soon as possible...Listening to her pale and quivering voice made him go insane and anxious.

"Oh.."He barely whispered but Anissa heared him clearly ...How cant she after all she was his best friend..A bestfriend who was always there for him. Riyad had gradually become comfortable and began to like her but failed to admit it.Little did he know that his best friend was already taken by someone else....He sent a proposal for her but her parents immediately denied for it...And here the misunderstandings grew....He felt deceived and insulted..and without a word to Anissa he left....He never called or enquired about her well being..The biggest problem of Riyad was he couldn't trust anyone easily..
Now he was curious to know why she called him?
Just then his mother interrupted the moment and shouted

"Why you standing there Riyad..hurry up..Everyone's waiting for your nikkah..."

He was sure that his mom's voice was cleanly audible to Anissa..He was waiting for her reply until

"Got to know you are getting married today.You are so mean,didnt even invited your bestie.Anyways I just want to give you my best wishes.May Allah bless you and hoor.All the best and ya no need to act like a douchebag tonight..And I will beat you like a sh** if you behave as if your a silencer...Hoor wont be able to bear your silence so make her comfortable and yourself too..Give salaam to aunty and Hoor...Allahafiz Ri.."she trailed off

A curve formed on his face listening to his bestie's instructions.She was same as before.It wasn't like he didn't get over Anissa but his pride and honour was disgraced.Moreover he didn't love her he just had a slight liking for her but now he was happy and prayed for her to have a good future.

Hoor's hands were icy cold and her terror striken face spoke nothing but nervousness.Damn she was scared not nervous.Yet she displayed a smile which pleased others whereas Inside she was dying due to fear.Her uncle approached her and nodded understanding and assuring everything will be fine..And then she was taken and made sit...Before she could compose herself.

The qazi asked her

Do you accept Riyad Omar khan son of Qudsiya khan as your husband?