I softly wiped them away and kissed her cheeks. I felt like crying because she was crying.

I decided to call Jack and the guys to see if they could get her to open up or say anything.

"Deja, I just want to understand... Tell me why you do this every year," I said. She looked at me with soft eyes. She parted her lips, but then closed them again like she couldn't talk.

Jack and the guys showed up. Deja stared at them walking through the door, but then returned to how she was before. Her dad said that she'll open up to one person, but she'll barely say anything. It wasn't me, so it was worth a shot from one of the guys.

Jack tried first. She didn't even turn to face him. He sadly walked away. 

Next, was Jonah. Nothing.

Corbyn. Nothing.

Daniel. Nothing at all.

Then, Zach walked up to her and sat across from her in a little spinny chair.

"Hey, Deja," he said softly. Her eyes shifted from the wall to him. "What's up, bud?" She stared at him with soft eyes. I watched carefully. I wondered why she had so much response with Zach. Then, she cracked a smile. He smiled back at her before she stared at the wall again.

"At least she's still okay," I said.

"Yeah," They all said in agreement. We left her in the room so she could sit by herself.

...

It was around 11 when Deja finally said something. I sat on my bed. She was still sitting on her bed staring at the wall.

"I love you too," She whispered.

"What?" I got up and looked at her. She looked up at me and smiled.

"I love you too," she said softly. Her voice was croaky and dry from not talking. I hugged her.

"Thank, God you're talking again! I don't think I could go any longer."

She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Why Zach?" I asked. "Why did you open up to Zach?"

"Because Zach knows," I said.

"Knows what?"

"He just knows..."

I sat there confused, but I knew she'd tell me later in life what she meant.

... (Next day)

Deja: 

My phone started ringing while Jayden was taking a shower to get ready for school. It was odd because Zach was calling me super early.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"I'm not allowed to hang out with you anymore."

"What?"

"I just can't."

"Why?" I asked.

"Peyton thinks I'm hiding things from her and she doesn't want me around you."

"I don't understand..."

"I just can't. You hate her and she doesn't trust you. It's just the best for the both of you."

"Zach! I don't know why she doesn't trust me. I didn't do anything," I said.

"She thinks you like me."

"I have a boyfriend," I said. "I can't like you."

"That's what I said, but she said she'll end things if I don't end things with you."

"What!? She's making you choose?"

"Not really."

"Not really? Zach, she's giving you 2 options. Me or her. That's making you choose."

"I don't know..."

"You chose her."

"I don't know!"

"Go ahead, whatever..." I hung up the phone. 

I couldn't believe that he just chose her over one of his friends. I didn't even do anything, she was just hating me for no purpose or apparent reason and it didn't make sense to me. I sighed and flung my phone across the room. It hit the wall and landed on Jayden's bed.

Jayden walked into the room.

"What happened?" He asked drying his hair with his towel.

"Peyton told Zach that she doesn't trust me around him, so Zach and I can't be friends anymore and Zach had the nerve to choose her over one of his close friends!" I ranted.

"It's a guy thing to automatically put their girlfriend over anyone else."

"I just don't like it! She's basically forcing him into not hanging out with me! And I don't like it!"

"It's fine," He said. "Let him choose her. And wait until she breaks his heart." I sighed.

"I don't get it though! We just fixed things and all of a sudden we can't be friends anymore! And what pissed me off the most was when he said Peyton thinks he's hiding things from her. He is hiding things from her!"

Jayden sat next to me and did his hair. I sighed.

"Ugh! He makes me mad and I just wanna punch something!" I yelled. Jayden flinched a bit and moved off the bed.

"Don't punch me."

"I'm not gonna punch you." He sat back down. "I would never do anything that I know is going to hurt you, unlike Zach who knows it's going to hurt me but does it anyway. And he just gets straight to the point. Doesn't even try and give a little sugar coating!" Jayden sighed. "I just don't get it! Why does Zach always choose to mess with my feelings! First tour, then Bridget, now Peyton, and now we can't hang out at all! It just doesn't make sense! When I fixed things, I meant for us to be friends! I just wanna be friends with him, but now we can't be friends at all-"

I was cut off by Jayden's lips meeting mine. [Smooth] 

I felt his hands hold mine before he pulled away. I sat there and stared into his eyes.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"I couldn't think of any other way to get you to stop talking about how hurt you were over some guy! Because there's a guy right here who loves you," He said. I realized I just ranted about Zach being with someone else to Jayden, my boyfriend.

"I'm sorry..." I apologized.

"It's fine." He placed another kiss on my lips. I smiled. "Now... Get ready we have to go to school!"

I smiled and kicked him out of the room.

Sometimes I wish that I could wake up with amnesia and forget about the stupid little things, like Zach.

He put me in so much pain already and he's doing it all over again.

I was a fool to forgive him and an even bigger fool for loving him in the first place. He had my heart wrapped around is finger and my love locked up.

Why was it so hard for me to move on from all this pain even though I was in love with someone else?

//

A/N:

question: why do u think she opened up to Zach? ;-;

I got so frikin frustrated while trying to add this (^^^) video to this chapter, no flippin joke💀 so pls enjoy!😊