James Part 2

He smiles at me and I look down. "So do you still love him?" He asks. "You don't just stop loving someone in a minute. Especially not when you've loved them for what, eight years now? Yeah, you can't change the way you feel, and I love him more than anything. I think I always will. It doesn't matter how many times he rips my heart out and crushs it, he meant everything to me. If you have loved someone that long, you know you can't just get over it." I say. He looks at me. "I understand. But you should move on, because he did hurt you. If he cared about you, he would have never done that. You deserve so much better." I look down. "Remember when I liked you and you didn't care for me? How was that any different? You hurt me then." He sighs. "I never meant to hurt you and you know that." I scoff. "Oh I know that, do I?" I sigh. "I'm sorry. I don't want to fight with you. You're all I have left." I whisper. He hugs my tightly. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to upset you. Let's change the subject."

"Okay.." I say quietly. I look over at him. "What are we gonna talk about then?.." He shrugs. "Whatever you want. I really don't care. Something that makes you happy preferably." I sigh. "I don't know what to talk about then." I say quietly. I stare at the ceiling and stay quiet. I look over at the alarm clock briefly. "Ugh. My shift starts in like 4 hours and I've gotten no sleep." I sigh. "Then let's go to sleep." James says quickly. I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes. He holds me close. I fall asleep quickly. Next thing I know I get woken up by my alarm. I feel James jerk awake and I yawn. I rub my eyes and move my head off of James. He groans slightly. I get up. "I'm gonna get a shower. Okay?" I say, sleepily. He nods, yawning. I walk off to the bathroom with a pair of clothes. I get a quick shower, then dry off and get dressed. I walk out and sit on the bed. "If you wanna go back to sleep, I'll be back around six tonight with food. I get off at five by the way." I look at him, still drying my hair with my towel. "Okay. I'm gonna walk you to work though." He says, putting on a jacket. I smile.

I grab my phone and hoodie, slipping it on. "We better get going before I'm late." He nods and we walk towards the door. I lock it behind us and we walk to the highway silently. I look over at him. "So, are you really planning on staying in that cabin with me through college?" I ask shivering slightly. He nods. "Yeah, less expensive than a dorm." He says quietly. I look at him. "That's true. But you could go to frat parties and shit." I say. He rolls his eyes. "I don't care about that, I just want to spend time with my best friend, you." I smile at him. "That's a long time sharing a bed." I say and laugh. "Well I ain't spending money on a new one, so get over it." I smile brighter. "I like the best friend cuddles anyway. You're warm." He smiles softly. It's true though, he is literally a space heater. Don't even need a cover with him around. I grab his hand and walk silently beside him. "We're gonna hate each other before we even get into college." I say and smile. "You're probably right, but you're stuck with me." He smiles back at me. We walk into the DQ parking lot. "See you at home." I say quietly. "See you." He responds, walking the opposite direction. I walk in and walk to the back to clock in.

I sigh and walk back out to take orders. I see one of my friends and smile at her. She looks exhausted, but she smiles back. A long 8 hour shift, then I'm out of this hell hole. Okay not really that long, I'm over dramatic, okay? I finish the day quietly. It's five-thirty when I get off. I walk out with my hoodie in my hand. I don't see James, so I put on my hoodie and pull out my phone. As I walk I listen to my favorite bands. I sigh, looking down the road, ahead of me. I see James walking. I smile. "Thought you weren't gonna make it." I say loud enough that he can hear me. He smiles. "Well I couldn't leave you to walk alone." I roll my eyes. "I'm not a baby, you know." I say, finally getting to where he was. He laughs. "I didn't say you were. No girl should walk home alone." I look over at him. "Are you assuming my gender?" I say, acting offended. He laughs and so do I. "Thank you." I say quietly. "No problem." This time he grabs my hand. "EW." I say, but I don't pull my hand away. "Oh shut up. We do this all the time." I laugh. "Whatever." I say quietly. He just smiles and squeezes my hand. We walk quietly until we get to the house. I walk in and a bunch of people jump out. "SURPRISE!" I jump and fall into James. "What the fuck?" I look at James, still scared out of my mind. "I knew you'd expect this on your birthday... so I planned it four weeks after."

I look at him. "I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK JAMES!"I bury my face in his chest. "Hi guys." I mumble. You just hear them laughing. I look up. "Thank you." I hug him tightly, then look back at everyone else. "So... who's ready to party?" I say quietly. "Hell yeah!" They yell. I see Jack in the corner. I look back at James. "Why is he here?" I ask quietly. James sighs. "He just came." I walk over to Jack. "What do you want?" I ask, angrily. "I wanted to say I'm sorry." He says quietly. "Noted, are we done here?" I retort, turning around. He grabs me. "No." He pulls me into a kiss. I melt instantly. Then I regain self control and pull away. "Yes. We are." I turn again. "Sky, please. Give me another chance." I look at him. "Then give me your phone." I say quietly. He hands it to me, and I slam it on the ground and stomp on it, shattering the screen. "Now say sorry to it." I say quietly. "What?" He asks. "I said say sorry to it." I respond. "Sorry" He mutters quietly to the phone. "Did it fix?" I ask. He shakes his head. "That's what you did to me. Now leave me the fuck alone and get out of this house!" I yell angrily. He grabs his phone and walks out.