chapter 30

a/n: fAck,, also im back bitches

jack woke up to a sight he didn't recognize and immediately jumped to a conclusion:

he had been kidnapped.

this wasn't true of course because when he sat up, he looked over to see a shirtless finn snoring on the ground next to the bed.

damn he looks good when he's sleeping.

stfu grazer get a grip

why was jack even here? how did he get here? what was he supposed to do now? why were so many questions swarming around in his head?

jack coughed and clutched his head as he realized he had a hangover, meaning he was drunk the night before. finn, being a light sleeper, sat up immediately and stretched.

"good morning." he yawned.

holy shit his morning voice.

"c-could you tell me um, i dunno, stuff like where the heck we are?" jack scratched his neck.

"my house." finn laughed as he stood up, "you were super drunk last night and i wasn't sure how your parents would react if you went home like that so i just brought you here. i'm sorry."

"oh." he paused, "oh wait no i'm sorry. did i trouble you? i had no idea-"

"you were out of it, but it's cool. it was kinda cute." he winked as grabbed a shirt off the floor. jack blushed and got off the bed, glancing at the mirror to fix his hair.

"wait!" jack said a little loudly right before finn put on his shirt as he remembered something, "yo-you texted me before the party. you said you wanted to say something to me?"

"oh, right, um don't worry about it." he smiled awkwardly as he threw a metallica shirt over his head, "we don't have school today. it's a teacher work day, lucky for you. my parents aren't here and i can make pancakes if you want or-"

"finn." jack interrupted him as he walked closer, "what's going on? you seem on edge a lot lately. what did you need to say?"

"-i could make you cereal if you'd rather be all healthy and-" finn continued.

"you can tell me, you know that, right?" he said.

"-we have lemonade if you like that kind of stuff, but i'd have to go and look for it-"

"FINN." jack yelled, a little amused, "calm down okay? it's just me."

that shut finn up for sure. now he had an expression jack couldn't read, and to be honest it was a little scary. finn was walked closer and closer and jack was backing away slowly until his back hit the wall.

"finn i-" jack started, but finn didn't let him finish. instead, he swiftly connected their lips in a small kiss that lasted only a second, but felt like forever.

it wasn't like they hadn't kissed before, but it felt different this time. it felt real.

"i'm sorry. i shouldn't have done that." finn pulling away, "i'll be downstairs." he frowned a bit.

jack was still flustered as finn left the room. he didn't realize what finn had told him for a second, but when he did, he rushed out the room and called out,

"wait!"

finn looked behind him only to be kissed by jack, but this time, the kiss lasted a lot longer.

***

"it's a bit early to be in a coffee shop don't you think?" jaeden smiled as he stirred his cup of coffee.

"are you kidding? i can't function without coffee in the morning." wyatt laughed. there was a bit of awkward silence before he talked again, "how are you?"

"wy, it's been a few months. not a few years. i haven't changed a bit."

that nickname. he still used that nickname.

"hello? earth to wyatt?" jaeden clapped, "why do you keep zoning out so much?"

"i'm, uh, distracted that's all."

"by what exactly?"

"you." wyatt accidentally said, causing them both to laugh.

"you're lucky chris isn't here." jaeden joked. wyatt's smile faded almost immediately. who was this chris guy? why was he more important? why was he even relevant?

"w-who's chris?" he stuttered.

"my boyfriend? didn't jack tell you-" jaeden started, but assumed from the way wyatt frowned that jack had indeed not told him, "oh."

"no it's fine i'm happy for you.." wyatt nodded, sipping his coffee, though in reality he was extremely upset. jaeden asked for time, and wyatt gave it, only to be heartbroken more than he was before. that wasn't fair. chris needed to back off.

"really?" jaeden looked up, beaming. wyatt nodded, too hurt to talk. "thanks wyguy." he smiled before reaching for his hand.

"yeah well, i have to go now." wyatt replied, getting up almost immediately. he didn't want to stay because he knew he'd only get angry if he did.

"oh okay." jaeden shrugged and copied his actions, "but wait, does this make us friends again?"

friends? that's it? just friends?

"we can be whatever you want us to be." wyatt smiled forcefully.

at least jaeden was happy, or so he thought.