chapter 29

a/n: okAy here's the real chapter,, it's horrible and sloppy and i apologize

"thanks again." jaeden smiled as he reached for his boyfriend's hand.

"no problem jae." chris smiled back as he rolled into driveway of the house where people were already celebrating. "now, they said no alcohol but i'm pretty sure someone snuck it in so just be careful okay babe?"

"yeah." he sighed.

"you sure you don't want me to come with you?"

"i'm sure." jaeden gave a reassuring smile before stepping out of the car and into the house. chris was right, people were already wasted.

"is that jaeden lieberher?" a voice asked sarcastically. jaeden spun around to find jack. "how the hell are ya?" he hugged him.

"how much did you drink?" jaeden sighed.

"just one or three or seven glasses. no biggie." jack hiccuped, "did you meet wyatt yet?"

"i just got here- nevermind, jack do you want a ride home or something? i could call chris back and-"

"finnie!" jack squealed as finn walked into the room holding a red solo cup. jack threw his arms around him and hummed to himself as finn grew uncomfortable. "i missed you."

"i was gone for five minut-"

"bullshit!"

jaeden mouthed 'i'll leave' as he walked over to the kitchen to get a drink he wouldn't actually drink. as soon as he got to the 'punch' bowl, he walked into someone else without meaning to.

"sorry." he and the other person said at the same time. when he looked up, he realized it was wyatt and got that weird feeling in his stomach again.

fuck you stomach butterflies.

"hey." wyatt smiled that perfect smile of his.

"hi." jaeden replied, avoiding eye contact.

"we need to talk."

"agreed."

***

"hey jack look i'm gonna take you home." finn started as he helped jack stand up.

"noooo. i don't wanna go home. i wanna stay here with you." jack pouted.

"you're drunk." finn sighed.

"and you're hot."

finn had to think fast because he didn't think jack's mother would want him home like this. what was he supposed to do with a drunk kid half his size?

"do you wanna just crash at my place?" finn asked even though he knew jack was completely out of it.

"of course!" jack smiled as he clutched finn's arm. finn smiled back and helped jack to his car that was conveniently parked right near the door.

***

"can we just start over?" wyatt asked desperately.

"i was going to ask the same thing." jaeden looked up, smiling a little.

"really?"

jaeden nodded. eventually, the two got drinks and sat on the patio, catching each other up on what had happened while they lost touch, but jaeden never brought up his new boyfriend.

not. once.

"anyway, i missed talking to you. your texts always made me smile and it made me feel like i was important to someone so-" jaeden spoke up to break the silence.

"yeah same!" he perked up, "um so do you wanna catch a coffee later in the week just to hang out?"

"yeah that'd be great. i'll text you."

they both smiled, but they both had different views on how this was going.

a/n: and im not gonna be updating for a while bc school is fucking stressful and i have a very busy schedule but ily guys :))