Chapter 3

I watched as my dad started to transform back, a beam of light went around him and causing me to cover my eyes, before the light beam ended. A big flash of light knocked me back, I went flying across the room as the Krubera covered themselves from the flash, I lifted up my head slowly. Hearing laughter echo throughout the room.

"It's great to be back!" He cheered as he stretched his legs, he rolled his neck around a couple times before hearing a couple of cracking. I watched his every move he took, making sure he wouldn't do anything dumb, "Head Changeling! It's great to have you back" Usurna bowed as he walked up to her. The Kruberas slowly started to bow after Usurna did, his head turned over into my direction, his smile turned into a grin. He started walking towards me as I started crawling back "We needed the Trollhunter in order to-" "Usurna, don't sweat it. You did what Gunmar told you to do" He interrupted her as looked straight into my eyes, "Go back to what you were doing! We don't need everyone getting suspicious" Usurna nodded her head and then walked out with the Krubera Trolls.

He turned back towards me as I crawl further away, he laughed and then grabbed my arm, "Hey Jr." I struggled to get out of his grip. I watched him pull out the amulet, he handed it over to me and then pulled me up to his face "Don't tell anyone about me being alive or your mother will be the first to go" He threatened as I nodded my head, he threw me on the ground and went deeper into the room. I got up slowly and make my way over to the door.

When I got home, my mom was passed out on the couch. I quietly walked upstairs and into my room, I collapsed on my bed as I held the amulet above my head, I sighed and then turned over to my side. It feels like I can't do nothing, letting that threat eat away at me the more I think about it. My thoughts were interrupted, by the sound of something hitting my window. I turn my head towards the window, the wind was hitting up against it. I woke up in the morning with five missed calls from Toby, I got up and started walking to Troll Market.

I opened the door to Troll Market and walked through, I saw Usurna walking with Vendel towards the HeartStone, she looked back at me as I stop walking. The trolls started walking around as I continued to star at her, "Jim!" Claire's voice echo through Troll Market, I turned around "We have training, come on Jimbo" Toby said as I turn back towards Usurna "I'll me you guys there" I started running towards the HeartStone. I sneaked past the guards and went running in, I hid behind a crystal and listened to their conversation.

"Usurna, what is the problem with Troll Market?" Vendel questioned as he walked over to his table, "The Trollhunter!" "What about the Trollhunter?" Vendel turned towards her. "He brought back his father, I saw him do it" Vendel was left in shock, I didn't even wanted to hear what Vendel was going to say. I jumped out from behind the crystal as they turned towards me, Vendel looked at Usurna as she watches me walk closer to them.

"You liar! I didn't do any of that!" I yelled as I heard the doors open, two trolls grabbed my arms "Take him to the cages! We'll figure out what we'll do with you, after we talk to the Tribunal" Usurna order as they started to pull me out of the HeartStone "Vendel! She's lying, don't believe her!" I yelled before the doors to the HeartStone closed, I struggled as they pulled me away from the HeartStone . I needed to get out of their grip, I had to warn Claire and everyone else. I tried reaching for the amulet in my pocket, I made a run for the Hero's Forge. I could hear the trolls chase after me, I made a sharp turn and watched them run past me, I continued running towards the Forge. "Blinky!" I yelled as he turned towards me, and then the gate closed on me, I turned around and saw the Krubera closing in on me. I turned back towards the gate and put my hand through it "Claire! Get out of Troll Market now, and try getting out as many trolls as you can! Before he comes out" She grabbed my hand and looked at me.

"Jim, who?" She asked as she looked behind me and then back at me "Usurna and my dad, she made me bring him back-" They grabbed me and started pulling me back "Jim!" Claire tried getting through the gate, they threw me on the ground as Usurna walked up to me. They held me there as Vendel came behind her, then Troll Market went dark, the trolls started yelling and screaming. I could hear Usurna talking to the Kruberas holding me and then they started dragging me away from everyone, I could hear everything. My dad's voice echo through Troll Market as they dragged me, trolls screams for help. Vendel yelling and trying to get everyone away, I looked at the trolls and then turned my head towards the screams. And then they stopped dragging me, I heard them fall on the ground, and then I saw blue flames glowing behind me "Nice job Aaarrrgghh" Zianna said as Aaarrrgghh started laughing.

The light in Troll Market turned back on as I see Claire, Toby, Blinky, and Draal leading trolls out. I get up and start running towards them, I started helping them as Usurna grabs my arm, she pulled me towards her as Vendel wracks her on the head with his staff "Liar" He said as I looked back at him "Thanks Vendel" He smiled and then picked me off the ground, "Let's get out of here before she wakes up" He said as I nodded my head. Claire and Toby were leading trolls into the tunnels as Draal and Aaarrrgghh got more trolls,  "Jim!" Claire came running towards me as I could hear laughter behind us. I turned around and saw my dad standing there, I took out the amulet "For the glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command!" He covered his face from the light as I take out my sword.

"A fight is what you want? Fine!" He came flying towards me with his daggers in his hands, I blocked him with my sword and then threw him back. "Jim! Come on!" I heard Toby yell, I turned around and started running towards Toby. He grabbed my hand and Aaarrrgghh sealed the door, I crawled back a little as I heard the Krubera bang on the door, "Come on! We need to get out of here" Vendel yelled as the trolls ran down the tunnels. "Jim, we g-gotta go" Toby put out his hand as I grab it, I took off my amulet and put it in my pocket as we ran down the tunnel. We reached a gate as Vendel opened it, the trolls walked in as I looked behind us. "Welcome to the Den, I knew that this day would come, so I had a few trolls set out for another home and this is it" Vendel told us as the trolls got settled. Then it hit me, if I told anyone, he'll go straight for my mom. "I have to go" I quickly turned around and started running down the tunnels, I turned down one tunnel and saw the exit. 

I rushed home, I couldn't stop running and if I did... I would be to late. I reached the house and flew open the door, "Mom!" I yelled as there was no answer. I ran into the kitchen and saw everything on the ground, I backed up into the wall and slid down. "N-No! T-This can't be real!" I cried as I saw a note on the picture of dad, I got up slowly and made my way over to it. I grabbed the note and read it.

"Now the real war has started"

Author Epp, Hello! And sorry for the wait, I was busy with school and planning future books after I finish up with Met In College and Make it out. If you have any ideas for Jim's Father -Years After- please put them down in the comments, I would love to hear them! I've been struggling with ideas for this book and that would help a lot if you guys left your ideas for this book. Bye!