Chapter 5: Domination

**Selina**

Warren was relentless. He was incredibly fast and strong. The lightning aura around him was inpenetrable everything that touched it either desintegrated, or was repelled back at us . Even Jake was having a hard time keeping up with him. Aliza anticipating Warren's movements was probably the only reason we were still alive, a litlle beat up and hyperventilating but still breathing.

I was beat, still being new to this conjuring so much ice was taking its toll on my body. Jake was putting up a pretty good fight, but Aliza was too busy protecting me to put in much effort. She stood beside me relaying instructions to Jake telepathically based off thoughts she plucked from Warrens head, and using her telekenisis to redirect spheres of lightning shot from Izuki.

The thunder dragon was definitely a force to be reckoned with. It materialized small thunder storms wherever it pleased, and could shoot concentrated beams of lightning from several magic circles. I dived into a quick combat roll avoiding a lightning sphere aimed at my head. I quickly materialized a throwing knife throwing it as hard as i could at Warren, which simply bounced off and sunk itself deep in Jake's shoulder.

There was no hope, Warren was too strong and i could hear soldiers fast approaching in the cavernous halls. "Do the two of you feel that?" Aliza thought spoke to Jake and I. "It feels like Warren, but thats impossible. Theres something about this spiritual pressure thats off. Familiar somehow. Wait... Evelyn??" Jakes thoughts were confusing me further. Who was Evelyn? And what was this enormous spiritual energy that was making my stomach clench?

A column of blue flames erupted from the cavern floor between us and Warren. The flames swirled in a small twister, a human form becoming visible in the center. The flames dispersed in an instant with Warren standing in the blackened circle on the cavern floor, tongues of flame flowing around his body in a blue aura.

"Warren!?" I gasped obvious relief playing across my face. He didnt budge. He stood in front of Izuki who reared its head in frustration. The dragon seemed confused as it looked between Warren and his dark doppleganger. Then the doppleganger spoke "Finally, it seems I've finally gotten my chance to see which of us is superior. Fire and Lightning, the bearer of Purity and Destruction. I shall be the dominant half, and today your power will become mine."

The doppleganger charged, lightning propelling him straight for Warren. Warren didn't even flinch. The second the doppleganger got in reach Warren swept his feet from under him grabbing him by the collar and throwing him directly at Izuki. "My apollogies Izuki, one day im sure we'll be great companions. Let's finish this mom." With that Warren's aura raged as he sent an enormous stream of flame engulfing both Izuki and the doppleganger.

The flames desintegrated them both into streams of blue energy which was absorbed back into Warren's body sending sparks of electricity through his aura. It was unbelievable. We couldn't even lay a finger on Izuki or the doppleganger, and Warren completely eradicated them both in one move. Something was different about him, his eyes were now pemanently light blue. Lightning streaked through his iris making his eyes seem to glow a cold blue.

It was kinda cute on him. Of course i'd never think of Warren in that way. We were raised almost like twins since we were six. Warren was more of a brother than anything else. "Warren?" I warily approached him, both Jake and Aliza standing at the ready.

"I'll explain later, for now lets get the hell outta here before things get any worse." he said quickly materializing his katana. "It's him guys. There's something binded to him though, I can still sense another conscious mind. It doesn't seem primitive like the doppleganger's, but be on your guard." I nodded slightly in response to Aliza's message. "Okay so which way do we go to get out of here?" I asked heading towards the cavern entrance.

"We're not going back through the cavern. Too many soldiers, you guys look exhausted. We're going up." Warren said, his katana letting off a slight hum as it slowly accumulated an electrical field. "This cavern is 50 feet underground, theres no way." Aliza started, then instantly shut her mouth and smiled. "Why Evelyn you've outdone yourself this time." she said bowing her head slightly.

"E-Evelyn?" Jake stuttered. "Mom transfered her spiritual energy to me in order for me to get back here. I became bearer of the heavenly flame, and mom bound her spirit to mine. My body is still adapting, I'm having a bit of an overload right now. I'm sure I have enough power to get through to the surface, we just have to hurry before my body gives out." Warren said stepping into a corner and firing 4 blue electrified spheres of fire in a large square from far left wall to the ajoining one.

"Step back a little." Warren said aiming his sword into the center the electrical energy branching into 5 concentrated beams embedding itself into the ceiling. Warren jumped sideways out of the area sending a final sphere crashing dead in the center of the last 4. Lightning coursed through Warren's hand, and with the clench of his fist an electrical coloum exploded from the ceiling blasting through to the surface.

"That took more outta me than I thought it would." Warren said swaying. Upon instinct I jumped to his side catching his head, laying him softly on the cavern floor. "Nice catch princess." he grinned weakly. "Anytime douche bag, now let's get you outta here."

An explosion at the cavern entrance damn near made me jump out of my skin. I encased Warren in a cocoon of ice readying myself for the countless waves of soldiers that inevitably would follow. "Well jeez, looks like you guys found your own way out. See Jace, told ya they didn't need our help." said the tall yellow eyed man that came through the doorway. Acompanying him was another boy about our age, he was about 5'7 with golden eyes, dirty blonde hair, and a long gold and silver scythe. He wore a black V-neck with a pair of black cargoes that had several knives stashed in the various pockets.

He turned and gave the yellow eyed man a small nonchalant shrug "Well Zeke at least this beats doing rounds at the boundary all day. I thought I'd die of boredom, theres no action around the Sanctuary we just sit around and chase away Oni that pop up every now and then." Jace said stepping over a soldier missing an arm and slitting its throat with the tip of his scythe.

"Jace, Ezekiel nows no time for jokes. Grab Warren and lets get outta here." Aliza demanded with authority. They both nodded disappearing instantly. It felt as if the air shifted and next thing I knew the two strangers had Warren, Zeke hoisting him up onto his shoulder. How they'd manage to get behind me and break Warren out of the ice without me even noticing or even breathing I had no idea. "Time to go Selina. It's about time you learn who you really are." Aliza said as Zeke and Jace jumped off of the wall and out of the hole Warren left. Jake Aliza and I followed suit.

The air top side was stiff but carried the slight scent of salt water. According to the blood orange sky and dark clouds it had to be nearly dawn, and the dim rays of early sunlight carried no warmth. We had surfaced in a wide circular clearing, a vast forest encircling us with the distant sound of ocean waves crashing against cliff side. "Where are we?" I asked taking in our surroundings. My eyes were picking up on things I never would've imagined possible. I could even count the ants crawling up the trees from the other side of the clearing.

The forest was brimming with life. The forest hummed with the sound of insects and animals, it was almost overwhelming. I never really realized how loud the forest actually was, how much activity flows through the forest floor and trees. "Just outside of Brooklyn. There's a place in Manhattan for people like us. A school and sanctuary for the supernatural." Aliza responded crouching and placing her hand on a mound of loose dirt. She plucked up a broken twig with a black tar like substance staining the leaf attached. Aliza rubbed the substance between her fingers taking a second to steady her breathing before smelling it.

Aliza's eyes flashed neon as she stood stepping back as if she were observing something. "Jake, I think you need to see this." She said with a motion of her hand.