Chapter 6: Fire and Lightning

A/N Okay readers i hope everyone's enjoying Hominis Nocturna thus far. Its slowly but surely coming together. This is one of the longest chapters so far, but also one im particularly proud of.

Enjoy

**Warren**

I woke in a cold sweat with my entire body feeling like I got kicked by a horse. The sun shining through the velvet curtains blurred my vision for a few moments before everything came into focus. I was in a small blue room,  the walls themselves seemed to be radiating blue light. Come to think of it everything in the room was some shade of blue.

There were thin blue strands of energy connected to several major points in my body. If my assumptions were correct they were connected to the energy points in my body. Chakra points if I remembered correctly, they had other names in different cultures but I couldn't recall them.

I was laying on a metal bed of sorts. The flat surface had an imprint exactly formed to the shape of my body, smooth grooves under each of my limbs with metal cylinders encasing them.I sat up slightly snatching my arm in an attempt to pull it free. Unfortunately I only managed to slap myself in the face as the metal cylinder snapped open.

Rubbing my head with my free hand, I slowly pulled my arm and legs from the remainding cylinders swinging my legs off the side of the bed. "Well if it isn't the prodigy orphan. Looks to me this kid can't even fight properly without exerting all of his energy. I could kick his ass in my sleep."

The two men from the cavern Jace and Ezekiel if I remembered correctly,were standing in the doorway. Jace didn't seem to happy however, his golden eyes burning with hatred as he gloated. Loathing clearly written across his face. "Well why don't we see what the little pip squeak can do huh Jace? His powers should be fully restored after being in the spirit chamber all night." Ezekiel urged closing the door and punching in the lock jamming it through both the door and the frame.

My body seemed fully healed but I still felt like crap. I was tired and sluggish, but it seemed to me these two were looking for a fight. I didn't know what their abilities were, let alone what they were but there was no way I was backing down. Zeke smelled like wet dog, his shaggy beard beady and his mouth lined with two sets of fangs. Werewolf obviously. Jace on the other hand was young and fierce. A scar across his right cheek making his baby face menacing. He let off a slight golden aura, his body detailed with muscle.

"I wouldn't recommend you guys do that. The dark passenger I seem to carry may have my face, but he's a bit of a dick." I said referring to my doppleganger. I was trying to avoid a fight if I could, hopefully I could scare them off.

Jace's temper flared causing his aura to send tremors of sparks through his body. Lightning. Well so much for that plan, guess theres no intimidating them. "Yeahh right. I'm the strongest student at this school. No low level scrub is gonna scare me off."

Well so much for that.

"Fine by me, it's you guy's funeral" I said hopping off the bed "Hey Zeke!?" How do you like your werewolf, well done or medium rare?" I gloated conjuring balls of flame in each hand.

That sent Jace over the edge. His power surged sending two streams of lightning at my chest. I jumped behind the bed kicking it over so it absorbed the charges. "Might wanna watch that temper there Jace. Wouldn't want your impulses to make you sloppy and get you incinerated."

I laughed kicking the bed so hard it slid across the room embedding its self in the wall by the door. Jace simply jumped right over up. Zeke punched right through it snapping it in two before the two halves slammed into the wall. Zeke dropped to all fours lunging from the other side of the room, and missing due to me side stepping.