Chapter Twenty-Two: A Trip to Rune and a Judgemental Cat

Start from the beginning

"Come on now, Achro. Let's get back to bed," Ophelia glared at her cat as she picked her up, "see you later, Ad."

"Night, Lia," Adonis let out.

Ophelia quietly walked back downstairs looking at her cat whilst shaking her head, "Merlin's beard, I've told you before, Rune's my friend, I need to help him!"

When Ophelia reached the kitchen again she placed Achromatic onto the table and walked back over to the cupboard, grabbing the broom inside. Ophelia walked to the door in which Achromatic responded by hissing at her.

"Did you just hiss at me?" Ophelia turned around and glared at her cat, "by God, you are the most annoying cat on earth! Achromatic Lockwood, don't you dare hiss at me again, or else you'll become an outdoor cat against your own will!"

Achromatic backed up but meowed once again.

"Will you give it a rest?" Ophelia began to raise her voice. She watched her cat jump from the table to the counter, pressing her paw down on the notepad.

"Alright, fine," Ophelia said walking over to the counter that had a few pieces of parchment along with a quill and ink pot. She moved Achromatic's paw out of the way and began writing

Ophelia wrote down on the piece of parchment;

"Mum and Dad,

By the time you wake up and read this, I'll be in Aberystwyth with Rune, I know mum, you're going through a hard time with uncle Maddox's death, but I personally do not believe that Edvard killed him.

Adonis will explain all on what I believe, but that doesn't mean I don't feel any remorse about uncle Maddox's death, my heart is breaking just like everyone else's, but at this time Rune needs a friend, so I'm going up to see him, I'll probably be back later on in the day, also sorry dad, I've borrowed your new Cleansweep, hope you don't mind,

Ophelia x"

She knew her parents and brother would understand, well mainly her dad and she hoped her mum would and Adonis will probably lose his shit but he'll understand. She placed the quill down and left the parchment by the stove.

"Happy?" Ophelia asked Achromatic as she walked back over to the door. Once again she meowed and Ophelia grabbed the broom she had left leaning against the wall.

In the same cupboard where Ophelia got the broom was a bag of cat treats, Ophelia reached in a picked up a couple, she bent down and held out her hand. Achromatic jumped down from the counter and began eating the cat treats out of Ophelia's hand. After she had finished she began rubbing her head into Ophelia's hand to say thank you.

Ophelia kissed Achromatic on the head and smiled, "I'll see you later, be good."

She walked over to the back door and checked the handle to see if it was locked, which it was. She used the key and turned it to unlock it. Stepping outside in the cold December air the instant temperature change sent Achromatic running from the door and back up to Ophelia's room.

Ophelia shut the door behind her, she pulled out her wand she quickly did a little wave of her wand and the door locked itself. Now placing her wand in her inner pocket inside her coat she quickly checked around for any of her neighbours peeking out of their windows despite it being four in the morning.

She mounted the broom and rose in the air. She leaned forward and the broom jolted at full speed ahead to where she was going.

She thought about all the possible dangers that could happen whilst she was on the broom; she could be caught by muggles; she could fall and die; or she could get lost. She shrugged all these possibilities off and focused her attention on getting up to Aberystwyth which by broom would be a three-hour ride, with exactly three hours until sunrise. Although with the new broom having an increased speed it was looking more like a two-and-a-half-hour journey.