Chapter 18 - Girl Talk

Start from the beginning

Chanel laughs. 

"So then after he did that, I was just staring at him like- how do you have a key to one of the biggest fabric stores in New York City. And he did the whole side grin like 'I'm D'tello.' And I was like 'Shut yo ass up.' So then he asked if he could take me to one of his favorite places in the city and I was like hell yea! So he took me to this park with a pathway lighted with mad lamps and then it lead to this huge pond with a hut or cabin or whatever in the dead middle of the pond. It was really beautiful but there was no pavement to get to the cabin, the cabin was literally surrounded by water. So I thought we were just going to stare at the cabin. Do you know this boy pulled a boat from behind one of them trees." 

Chanel squeaks. "Oh my God, what?" She whispers at a lower volume. 

"I knowww, I was like what is going on. Either he's really romantic or he tryna kill me in that cabin cause you know I can't swim." Trisha exasperates and Chanel giggles. 

"You stupid." She says. 

"So then I'm like - 'Lil boy, if you drown me in this pond, it's gon be a big problem.'- And he was like nah nah, you gon be good. He's like 'What, you don't trust me?' and I soften up even though I didn't trust him at the time." 

I feel myself smile and remember to keep my eyes closed.  

"So then he starts coming close to me and he wraps his arms around my waist and for a skinny lil boy, he kinda warm." Trisha and Chanel giggle.

"And then he put his head on my head and was just staring at my lips and my heart damn near beat out my whole chest, I thought he was gonna hear it and be like - girl whats really good with you? " Trisha states, trickling another laugh out of Chanel. I almost got jealous, did I make her laugh like this? 

"So he moves closer like he's gonna kiss me and he doesn't and I really wanted him to. But he pulled the boat into the pond and then helped me into it and took the paddles off the floor and he paddled my curvy ass to this nice ass lit up cabin in the middle of the pond. He helped me out and we went inside and it was mostly just couches and a carpet and a fireplace. It was really nice. He told me he bought it from the park. He leaves the boat out so people can ride around the pond but he's the only one with the key to the cabin. I'm sure he's takin other girls to the cabin though." She ends. 

"That's still really sweet. And it don't matter if he took other girls, they not you. He's already impressed by you. You probably intimidate him." I can hear the smile in her voice.  

"So then what happened next?" She asks. 

"So we get to the cabin and I'm looking around and the place is so cozy and clean, it smells amazing. He doesn't even try anything, we're just laughing and talking about random stuff and the industry. He was telling me how hard it is to find someone in the industry who is down to earth and still talented, someone he can talk to. So before we left the cabin he was asking if I had a good time or whatever and I was like yea shit was lit. Then he put his head on mine again and he was just looking at my lips. I thought he was playing me again but he kissed me. And the kiss went on forever like we couldn't stop." 

Trisha's voice gets light, almost feathery. 

"Wow, I can't believe it. You and D'tello. Your biggest crush in the world and you actually get to be with him." Chanel says in a fairytale voice. 

"There's more." Trish says. Her voice sounds timid. 

"NO!" Chanel says loudly then her voice falls to a whisper when she realizes she is too loud. 

"You didn't!" She adds. 

"Okayyy listen!" Trisha laughs and I can tell she is fanning her face from how much the bed is jumping. 

"It was the same night? In the cabin?" Chanel questions. 

"Noo! I waited a little. It was like 2 weeks after that." She dismissed.

"Woooow! A WHOLE TWO WEEKS? How did you manage that?" Sarcasm is very present in Chanel's remark. 

"Shut up! So we were chillin at his place after we finished the last piece for the Spring set and it was like 2 AM. He asked if I wanted to stay over so I was like whateva, it's too late to travel all the way back to Brownsville. So I stayed and we had some drinks and stuff but we weren't drunk, we were just chillin and listening to music. And then we started kissing and then I really tried not to give in so fast but he's so sexy and his lips so soft n shit. I don't know girl- he got me." Trisha gives up and sighs. 

"Ahhhhhh! This is wild." Chanel whispers. "Was he good?" 

"Yessss, yes, yes, yes. YES BITCH." Trisha and Chanel crack up and turn towards them and open my eyes. 

"So, this is what girl talk sounds like." I croak, pretending to be half awake. 

Trisha screams. 

"You were up the whole time?" She asks, her mouth wide open. Her hair wrapped up in her head wrap and her pajamas on. 

"Well I heard D'tello's good in bed." I answer with a smirk. 

Trisha blushes red.