Chapter 26

I dialed Chuck's number and waited for her to pick up. A few rings later I heard her voice answer, "Hello?" She asked. "Hey Chuck, it's Lizzy!" "Hi Lizzy what's up?" "Abel needs a photographer, and he was wondering if you could be his?" I asked as Abel stared nervously at me, awaiting Chuck's answer. "Yeah of course! Send him over!" She said happily. I smiled and nodded to Abel, "Tell her I said thanks." Abel said going upstairs to get his ready. "He says thanks and he'll be there in a bit." "Great I'll see him then! Bye Lizzy!" "Bye Chuck!" I said hanging up the phone. A few minutes later Abel came downstairs and gave me a kiss as he headed out of the door. "I'll see you later Lizzy!" Abel said, "Bye!" I said as I watched him leave.
-Abel-
I drove to Lizzy's sisters and got there about a half an hour after I left the house. I got to her apartment and took the elevator to the twentieth floor where she was. I knocked on the apartment door 861, and was greeted by Caroline. "Hey Caroline!" I said hugging her. "Hey Abel!" She said returning my hug. "You wanna come in?" She asked stepping aside for me to come in. I smiled and went in. "Nice place..." I said looking around at her place covered with pictures of her family and Lizzy when she was younger. "Thanks!" She said as she turned to get something. "You'll like this one..." She said handing me a picture of me and Lizzy, "where did you get that?" I asked. "I took it remember?" She said with a small chuckle. I smiled and looked at the picture again. "It's my favorite here." I said with a smile. Chuck smiled, "Common, let's go in my studio." She said leading me to a room that looked like a photo studio. I smiled, "Okay well just take a few on these clothes." She said. I centered my self to the background and she took a picture.
-later-
"So how long were you a professional photographer?" I asked. She thought for a second. "About 11 years." She said snapping another picture of me. I nodded, "how did you get into it?" I asked. "My parents got me a camera when I was six, and I started taking pictures of my sister for her music and began to record her music videos." She said again, snapping another picture. "That's how I got here, Lizzy brought me to LA with her and let me live with her until I got my own place." She said this time holding her camera. She then looked into my eyes. "Do you...wanna have a drink? I mean as friends of course." I smiled and nodded. "Yeah that sounds fun." I said. She smiled and put her camera down. "Common I have some shit in the kitchen." Chuck said leading me to the kitchen. I sat at the bar she had similar to Lizzy's, as chuck dug through a cabinet and found some vodka. "Here we go..." She said with a smirk. I smiled back, "Thanks Chuck." I said. She smiled. "Abel do you love my sister?" She asked. I glanced at my drink. "Yes." I said drinking the strong liquid. "Lizzy is...everything to me..." I said slowly.
-Chuck-
I smiled at Abel. "You know...She does love you." I said with a small smile. Abel smiled a bit. "Wh-what happened to her to make her afraid to love?" He asked. I sighed. "Do you remember how fast she ran through guys?" I asked. Abel nodded and took another sip of his drink. "Well...she kept going through guys, until she got to this one, before you guys started dating...his name was Brett. Brett was a lot like Lizzy, I mean A LOT. He went through girls like she went through guys and drank and partied like her, which made them the perfect couple, the only problem was, Lizzy got attached and fell in love with him. He didn't feel the same way, and on top of that, a few days later he overdosed. It killed Lizzy, and it's been hard for her to tell any guy, I love you again, and then our parents, they always made her upset, even though they were trying to help her." He looked down for a minute. "Why didn't she tell me?" I shrugged, "she doesn't like to talk about it, it's one of the worst things that ever happened to her." I said filling our glasses with more vodka. He nodded. "So what do you like to do?" He asked me. I smirked, "take pictures of sexy men." I said. Abel smirked, "did you just flirt with me?" He asked. Wait. Did I? "Ha Ha no. It was a joke." He smirked. "Okay but really?" He said. "I like to hangout with my friends and party, not to mention take pictures." I said. Abel chuckled, "So like the opposite of Lizzy, well besides her fans, or when she's drunk." He said. I smiled, "Yeah." I said.
-1 hour later-
We're so wasted, "So how did your first date go?" He asked still laughing. "I spilt a drink and all my food on the guy, because we were at a roller skating place and I didn't take my skates off getting the food so I lost balance and spilt the shit all over him!" I said laughing. We stopped then stared at each other. We then leaned in towards each other. I waited for his lips to connect with mine, "Chuck Wait..." he said. "I'm in love with your sister, and we're drunk. What the fuck are we doing?" He asked. I sighed and sat back into the couch. "Yeah you're right I'm really sorry..." I said. We stopped talking and an awkward silence came upon us. "You should call Lizzy to come pick you up." I said looking at Abel. He nodded and called her. She soon got here and drove their car and Abel back home.