“I have math with you and English” he said. “what electives did you choose?”

“art and PE” even though I suck at both.

“you can’t do any of those things” he voiced my thoughts. I shrugged.

“it’s whatever.”

The bell rung loudly; I looked to Adam as he slammed his locker shut.  

“well I’ll be seeing you” I nodded and headed my way to class.

When the chemistry teacher showed we already had a lab to do on the first day. It was to warm us up before we did the crazy stuff and for the teacher to see who was the responsible ones were. I was partnered with some blonde girl who cared more about her ugly ass reflection in her little mirror then the lab and I knew right then I was going to be asking for another partner, next class was math with Adam, he pushed people out the way to get a seat next to me.

“oh dude, there was this god of a man in my studies period. I was drooling at him the whole time until he caught me and glared daggers” he giggled. He was such a girl when it came to guys. “any hotties in your class?” he asked me taking out his notebook and a pencil.

“wasn’t looking” I answered.

“oh right the no men thing. I promise you it’s not going to last” he smirked.

“are you seriously doubting me right now?” I glared as he nodded.

“honey there is no way that your going to brush off all the sexy potential in this school because of your bitchass bastard of an ex.” He said with an innocent shrug. I just rolled my eyes. 

Adam made sure he had the seat next to me in our next class also. Government was so boring I was tempted to fall asleep on the first day but luckily I knew some people in there who talked to me kept me awake. When lunch rolled around Adam already had our table next to the tree outside picked out. We sit here every year because the cafeteria is always so crowded and loud.

I was so glad I didn’t have Derek in my classes so far or else it would have been terrible. It was the last class, PE. I hate exercise. I took a seat on the bleachers on the football field. I watched as the teacher called out names as he took roll. After roll all he wanted us to do was walk around the track. The air was getting colder now since summer was over. The leaves were turning their usual yellows and reds. and the soothing wind picking up occasionally. Fall was my favorite season and I was glad it wasn’t so hot anymore.

The school bell finally rung and I practically ran to Adam’s car ready to go!!! As I waited against his car I was looking around and froze when I spotted Derek leaning over ANOTHER guy whose back was against the car door. Derek’s hands were on either side of his new ‘boy’ and disgustingly eating each other’s faces off. growling I spun  around facing the car now as I kick the tire.

HURRY UP ADAM!

****

When Adam dropped me off I barged in my room throwing my back in the corner and began to move all my furniture in the middle of the room. Marching to the garage and going through all the paint buckets till I found the right color and snatched up the brush, let’s not forget the ladder. Throwing the stuff in my room I laid down newspaper around the edge of my room. Grabbing the brush I flipped the top of the bucket off and dipped it in the vibrant red and did what I should have done this summer.

Angrily I rolled the brush up and down the wall stepping up the ladder to reach the top. I did that over and over till the walls were blood red, covering the wicked sandy drown color of my walls. I was erasing him fully from my life. I kept it the color before even though I was hurting myself the whole time but a little part of me didn’t want to let him go, but not this time. None of this weak bullshit. I was DONE just like he’s showed at the party and in the parking lot; just how he left me drenched in the rain as I crumbled into nothingness on my front lawn. It was over and I needed to stop dwelling on the past.

I was on the last wall when I jump from the deep voice in the doorway of my room.

“what the hell are you doing?!” I turned my head to see my dad standing there looking around my room with a shocked but angry expression. I cringed, I should have asked him to do this, it is his house but it was my room and I had to sleep in it.

“what’s it look like” I answered smartly. Growling he marched in the room and snatched me off the ladder as I yelped in surprise and carried me from under his arm out into the hall. Setting me on my feet I stared up at him blankly, the brush still in my hands.

“who gave you permission to paint the damn walls?” he asked me crossly.

“me” I said. He glared at me.

“do you own this house?” he asked again. Gritting my teeth,

“no” I hate it when he did his this is my house and your under my roof bah, blah, blah. He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.

“Wyatt I have seen you mope around this house all summer, never going outside complaining the grass is to green or what not. I understand your going through a break up but I’m not going to put up with you changing colors of walls in my house. I’m drawing a line here!” he exclaimed cutting the air with his hands in a ‘quit’ gesture. I glared at him coldly.

“then don’t put up with me, dad. I didn’t ask you to. Go back to mom!” I yelled at him. I watched as his eyes flickered with emotions I didn’t want to see but I didn’t stop. “and once you go back to your perfect marriage you can just drop me off at the group homes. I bet they have better color walls there!” I stormed past his frozen form and into my room.

“Wyatt-” I slammed the door in his face and locked it.

“Wyatt!” he called through my door.

“GO AWAY!” I screamed my chest heaving.

“UGH!”

 A loud bang vibrated off the wall outside my room before his footsteps stomp off I slid down the door slumping to the floor. Did we always have to argue all the time? Why can’t he just treat me like his son for a minute and comfort me. Sighing I stood, clearing my mind of my issues with my dad and finished what I started.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..  

Sorry it’s short, I’m still trying to get the feel of the story but it’s coming to me. XD