Chapter 6: Christmas Day

Start from the beginning

“Kendall, is something wrong?” I asked worried.

“Everything is perfect. I have a surprise for you two lovely guys.” She said with her hands behind her back. “Merry Christmas guys! I hope you like it.” She said with a cheeky smile and she handed us our gifts.

“You really didn’t have to do that love. Your friendship is enough and it is the best present we could ever ask for.” Liam replied while giving her a hug.

“Well I better be off to Harry’s and Louis’s. Merry Christmas!” She smiled and gave us both hugs.

            My mom passed out the presents to everyone and everything went the way it did every year. Liam and I decided to open the gift that Kendall gave us for last so we can open it together. She got us the jacket we have been wanting from Super Dry. We found them on the day we took her shopping while she was trying on the pile of clothes we piled on top of her.

“Gosh Liam, she got us the jackets we were looking at from Super Dry.” I said with a shocked look on my face.

“I know mate. Theses were so expensive, now I feel really bad for not getting her anything.” Liam said.

“We have to do something to thank her.” I told Liam and he nodded.

Harry’s POV

            I heard someone knocking at the door so I answered it. Making my way down stairs my mom and step dad were in the kitchen preparing for the family party we were going to have tonight. I headed towards the door and opened it.

“Hey Harry, Merry Christmas!” Kendall said handing me a present.

“Merry Christmas. What is this?” I said grabbing the present.

“It is just a little gift for you because you are such a good friend.”

“Thank you, but erm… I didn’t get you anything. I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok I just wanted to give my best mates presents.” She told me a cheeky smile. “I have to go though, I have one more present to deliver.”

            I gave her a big hug, and then she left. I put the present under the tree and help my mom in the kitchen for the party later. I still couldn’t believe that Kendall got me a present, I was too impatient so I went to grab the gift and walked up to my room. I sat on the edge of my bed and unwrapped it. I opened it to see a purple Jack Wills sweater, it was the one I had been wanting. She probably over heard me talking to Louis about it when we were showing her around London. I knew some way I had to make it up to her for this perfect Christmas gift ever.

Kendall’s POV

            I have saved the best gift for last. I drove into his drive way and walked up to the door and knocked on it. There was no answer. I tried calling him and knocking again, but still no answer. I guess he was out at one of his relative’s house so I went to the back of his house to the room of his door to leave the present. I saw something that pierced my heart.

“Kendall? What are you doing here?” He said to me.

I was in shock and finally gained enough strength to speak, “Oh, umm… I-I was just dropping off a gift. I’m sorry I will just leave.” I dropped the gift and walked away with tears filling my eyes. I got to my car when I hear a door shut.

“Hey why are you crying?” Louis said jumping into my car so I wouldn’t drive off.

“Its nothing, I have to get home.” I lied.

“Don’t lie to me. I know something is wrong, just tell me Kendall.”

“I’ll tell you another time, not now. I don’t want to ruin your Christmas, I’ll see you later.” 

            He got out of my car and just stood there watching me back out of his drive way. I felt my stomach sink and my heart was aching. I just kept picturing what I saw from Louis’s backyard. I saw him kissing Bethany, his girlfriend. I knew I had fallen for him when he sat next to me at the park last week. Why did I always do this? Fall for someone I could never have.

            I got home a little upset so I went to my room and laid on my bed with my laptop. After a couple of hours on Facebook, I feel asleep. Sometimes I wished that I could stay asleep and dream forever. But my mom would always say, “Dreaming is like your second life. It is like you are awake in one life and when you fall asleep you are in your second life but it is the way you want it to be.”