YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS

i decided to look for Mike since i haven't seen him since the morning. i heard the school bell ringing in my ears with my cue to pack up my things and go. everybody has been looking at me like i'm crazy, like i'm an abuser and i've already gotten sick of it. i wanted to confront Mike. i wanted to talk to Dustin, Will and Lucas normally again, they've been ignoring me for the past few hours. well, Lucas has talked to me a little bit ["you need to stop, Max."]

Will looks terrified when he sees me, my face always softens when i see him like that. Dustin thinks i've gone crazy in the head. Eleven? well, she already hated me anyway. i am a little bit convinced that it wasn't Mike who wrote those notes, but whoever it was, has parted me and my friends and apart, so that person who wrote the notes will suffer.

as i walked through the now quiet corridors, i heard screaming coming from a room. i immediately started to pace faster as it grows louder, i finally found the door to the room i was looking for.

there, found Mike who was hyperventilating with his head in his knees. i quickly ran to him as fast as i can. i sat there not knowing what to do. come on, Max, think! "okay, uh — just try to breathe, Mike! think about happy things." i put my hand on his back and tried to comfort him. "just, look at me, okay?"

he put his head up, but still panicking. "think about — family.. or friends! or Eleven! but just keep looking at me!" i myself started to panic as i didn't know what to do, but then i remembered something. holding your breath can stop a panic attack. but how can i get him to do that? he was so out of focus.

so i took a risk, and kissed him.

it was a bit awkward — scratch that, very awkward. it lasted actually a few seconds, this will sound cliche, but it weirdly felt like hours. i felt his hand start stroking my hair so i let go, my whole face glowing red. Mike stopped panicking. "how'd you do that?" he asked tilting his head.

"i- uh, — i read once that holding your breath can stop a panic attack," i looked down to avoid eye contact, "so when i kissed you — you held your breath."

"i did?" "yeah, you did." i looked back up and we both smiled, chuckling.

he sighed, "i'm so sorry. i promise you, i didn't wrote those notes. you're kinda one of our friends now, and friends don't hurt each other. it wasn't me. i even sent you an apology note for the other night." he scratched his head.

"the third note," i sighed. "great, i didn't read it because i was so mad about the first two. " i twirled a piece of my red hair in my finger, a habit i do when i'm confused, frustrated or stressed. "i forgive you," i said and Mike just laughed quietly.  "who do you think wrote those other notes, though?" i asked.

"well it could be Lucas, maybe, but he doesn't know about the other night when i made you — cry. i think Lucas might even still like you. but when i got to El's, i might've told her about what you said, and she — misunderstood." he tapped his hand on his leg repeatedly, "maybe it was her."

"thanks, now that i know a psycho probably started a rumor about me, i'm definitely less stressed than before." i banged my head on the locker my head was leaning on.

"hey, she's not a psycho!" he shouted. i turned to face him, giving him a 'are-you-serious?' look. his face softened, "okay, yeah, maybe she's a bit psychotic, but i still love her, she's my girlfriend."

i immediately started to feel tears coming through, this time i knew why. "hey what's wrong?" Mike asked, as it was his turn to try to calm me down.

"don't you get it, Mike?" i asked as my breathing started to get heavier, he looked confused. "your girlfriend hates me, she made the whole school hate me, yet you still stick up for her! Eleven IS a full blown psycho who IS out of her mind!" i stood up, still crying.

he stood up as well, "you know what, Max Mayfield? we're just frenemies, but i hope we can become enemies, because i don't like you at all. you're just jealous of Eleven! jealous that she gets all the attention, jealous that she's prettier than you-" "i'm jealous that's she's yours!" i shouted.

silence, except from the sound of me crying, filled the room as i stumbled on the locker i was still leaning on, "i like you, Mike — and you're such an idiot for not noticing that, you're such an IDIOT!"

i quickly ran out of the room as i realized what had i just confessed to Mike, and cried more than i should be. i ran around the corner as i ran into Dustin & Will. they saw me crying as soon as i bumped into them.

they didn't ask any questions, but they both just hugged me. and it was like that for a few minutes. they pulled away, both Will and Dustin holding my hands. "what's wrong?" Dustin asked.

"me, Max Mayfield, likes one of my biggest enemies, Mike Wheeler."

this is chapter is so shit BUT OOOOOO DRAMA
if you got the reference in this chapter i love you
what do you think of how Mike is treating Max?
do you think Mike will break up with El?