Chapter 2

The first day at Hogwarts went by fairly quickly for Harry. He had deposited his name in the goblet of fire, managed to strike up a conversation with one of the Beauxbaton girls, and found out the name of the boy he was so curious about.

"Draco. Draco Malfoy. But why would such a handsome man like you be so concerned with a boy like him?" The woman had asked, subtly flirting with him.

"No particular reason at all. I was just curious, that's all." He replied. "And just between you and me, I think your blue uniform compliments your eyes wonderfully."

The woman blushed when Harry added a wink at the end of the compliment. She squealed a little but quickly composed herself and went back to her group of friends, predictably to share all the details of the encounter with the boy who lived.

Harry smiled and went back to his dorm room.

Draco. He thought. That beautiful boy from beauxbaton is named Draco.

He laid in his bed for maybe a half-hour before deciding that he couldn't sleep.

Maybe I'll go see if Malfoy is awake.

He quietly crawled out of bed and put on his circular glasses, careful not to wake Viktor or Igor. He opened the door quietly, and was greeted with a surprise. Malfoy was at his door, seemingly awaiting him to open the door.

"Oh, uh, hey Malfoy." Harry said shyly, not sure how to react.

"Hello, Potter. Alieas told me you were asking about me, so I decided to stop by. I hope you don't mind." He said.

His thick french accent drove Harry crazy.

"Not at all! But we probably shouldn't linger here. Igor and Viktor are trying to sleep." He suggested, trying to suppress his Indian accent, thinking it wasn't as charming as Draco's french.

But Draco loved it.

"Yes, brilliant idea. I have been told the library is open for quite a while, if you'd fancy going. It's-" He checked his wristwatch, "only  eight o'clock. "

"Yes, of course. That sounds lovely." He agreed.

And then Harry escorted Draco to the library.