( 03 || grim reaper )

BEAUTIFUL CRIME
CHAPTER THREE

・゜゜・.

October 7th, 1988

・゜゜・.

IT WAS AS IF the grim reaper itself had rolled into Derry, Maine. Georgie Denbrough was a trigger for many more disappearances in Derry. Kids from the ages of three to sixteen seemed to be vanishing every day.

Melody Hopper was afraid of her own shadow these days, but more importantly, she was terrified for Bill Denbrough. The young boy who use to be filled with so much light was in a daze. He hadn't stepped out of his room since the little boy in yellow disappeared. His four friends were worried sick, both for Bill and Georgie.

In the plain room of Mrs.Olsen's freshman class, Bill Denbrough's seat was left empty for the fourth time that week. Melody kept going back to the seat, her eyes filling with sadness as she imagined the smiling stuttering boy sitting in front of her. Except now it was as if he was nothing but a ghost of her memory.

"Mels," Richie Tozier whispered poking his friend from behind her in his own seat. The redhead female turned and raised an eyebrow at the bug-eyed boy. "We're going to Bill's after school, you coming?" He asked as the female frowned and shook her head.

"I wish I could, but I have to work today." She whispered back as the boy frowned before nodding his head.

"Go and make those big bucks sweetcheeks," the boy smirked as Melody rolled her eyes a small smile on her face lightly. The freckled girl turned back around, her eyes trying to focus on the algebra Mrs.Olsen was writing down on the chalkboard. But Melody Hopper just couldn't seem to focus, so she left.

The female sighed walking the empty halls of Derry High school. Her hair running in waves down her back, as she cracked her fingers nervously. Even in the loneliness of the halls, she didn't feel alone. The feeling crawled up her spine in long drawn out chills. Leaving her skin cold and her mind running wild.

The female hadn't slept all that well the past few nights, nightmares attacked her mind at an awful pace. Leaving her in a cold sweat with tears kissing her cheeks. Images of her father haunted her mind, making her look both ways at every turn. Her skin crawl at every dark corner as if someone was there waiting.