Fifteen | what thing ?

When Aaliyah woke up, Elom was already awake and laying on his bed while on his phone. Aaliyah got up and went to wash her face and brush her teeth. When she walked back in, Elom was waiting to talk her.

"So are you gonna tell me why you didn't want to even say hi to me last night?" He asked.

"Why should I tell you when you don't even want to tell me things?" She answered.

"What are you talking about? I tell you things all the time."

"Then why didn't you tell me you were going to a party with Z," she said as she sat on the bed. "It was some house party nothing even was happening there."

"Point is you didn't tell me. And you seemed extra happy with the girl," she raised her eyebrows. "What girl? You're literally tripping right now," he raised his voice.

"Okay what we're not going to do is you raising your voice at me. If this thing we have going on between us is going to work then we're going to have to establish some respect first," she ranted.

"What thing?" Elom snapped. Aaliyah's face immediately dropped, no longer holding an annoyed expression. Elom regretted it as soon the words came out of his mouth.

"Aaliyah I didn't mean to-" Elom started, but Aaliyah cut him off by walking out of the room.

Aaliyah blinked repeatedly, trying to keep the tears in as she walked down to the kitchen. They were both mad and sad tears. As she walked into the kitchen she found the boys, minus Elom, sitting at the kitchen table.

"You look dead," Nick commented. She glared at him and walked over to grab a bowl of cereal. He didn't know about what had happened a moment before obviously, or else he wouldn't have made that comment.  "Uh oh she's in a mood," Brandon added.

"Shut up," Aaliyah mumbled, as she poured the cereal into her bowl. Grabbing a spoon, she sat down in the open seat next to her brother. She could feel eyes on her, so she looked up. They were indeed all looking at her, trying to decipher what was wrong.

She rolled her eyes and got up, moving to the living room couch instead. The living room and the kitchen were sort of connected. Elom walked in, calling out a good morning. Everyone responded, except Aaliyah.

Elom simply glanced towards her, and then walked to get himself some breakfast. The boys all looked at each other, silently realizing that something was wrong between the two teenagers.

Edwin cleared his throat,"So what are y'all gonna do today?"

The boys all threw out what they were going to do, and Aaliyah shrugged. Coincidentally, her friend Amaya texted her at that moment. She had asked her to hang out with her and some other friends, and Aaliyah sent her a quick text to let her know she would go over.

"I'm going to go hang out with some friends," Aaliyah said.

"Who?" Elom asked. Aaliyah stared at him. "Don't worry about it," she snapped. The boys all raised their eyebrows, looking between the two. They were all surprised, especially because the two spent most of their time together and happy.

"Don't start being petty now," Elom answered. She didn't get why he said that. She was going to be petty because she had right to be. What he said was uncalled for, and she didn't see him apologizing at the moment.

"Don't start talking to me then, just be quiet honestly." Aaliyah rolled her eyes. 

"Okay Aaliyah can you be nice?" Edwin told her. Aaliyah's eyes widened. "You did not just tell me to be nice oh my god," she laughed.

"What's wrong with you today?" Edwin asked. She looked towards Elom and crossed her arms, waiting for him to say something. She knew that Edwin wouldn't be happy with what Elom said to her. He would probably be mad at him too.They all turned their heads to Elom, and he shrugged.

"Pussy," Aaliyah mumbled, walking back to her room. Aaliyah was extra mad that he couldn't even own up to what he said and just tell them. She didn't even want to hear whatever he had to say.

She was going to try to focus on having a good time with her friends, even though it was going to be extremely hard.