Chapter 8

Shimon POV

I can't believe it! Mayura was wounded when I arrived in her room.  I hurriedly ran towards the trembling girl on the floor. Her sea blue eyes, filled of negative emotions of fear and pain. I couldn't stand it, before I could even speak, my body moved on there own. In result of this, I gave her a surprise hug and even though she was surprised of my actions, she returned the favor of hugging me back. I whispered not loud enough to be heard by anyone except her. "What happened?". She didn't respond to my question. And now I noticed that the blood from her cheeks are now on my  trousers.

After we broke the hug, I saw her tears running down on her cheeks as she wiped it with her hand. I pat on her head and gently pulled her once again in my chest. "Its all right now, I'm here for you", I whispered and she nodded in respond.

I turned my head and looked at the silver metal being stab against the wall. But what I most likely did notice was the paper that was pierced by the dagger. I stood up and approached the dagger. When the dagger was within my reach, I pulled it away from the wall as the paper fell to the floor. I kneeled down and grabbed the paper. Unfolding it, writings filled it.

I enclosed my eyes just a little and look at Mayura who was still terrified of what happened. "What does it say?", she mumbled not loud enough. I sighed and stiffly spoke, "a message from the Martial Artists' enemies". She widened her eyes as her body started to tremble again.

"What's going on here!?", someone spoke on the door. Me and Mayura turned around from where the source of the voice was. I saw two figures who looked serious and worried. "Seigen-san, a message from them!", I said. He enclosed his eyes just a little as Yukari ran towards Mayura who was wounded. Clicking on his tongue, he furiously spoke, "What do they want with us!? Why would they involved Mayura in this situation?! Damn it".

                                  ~

Mayura POV

Mom was treating my wounded cheeks in the living room while Dad and Shimon was talking behind the Shoji which it leads to the garden. As Mom finished putting the bandage on my cheek, she worriedly asked me. "Please be careful next time". "Sorry for making you worried so much, I'm all right now", I answered softly as she cup one of my cheek and hugged me gently, as a respond I hugged her back.

After Shimon's and Dad's conversation, Dad asked me to go to my room and sleep.

"I can't sleep", I mumbled to myself. Well of course, you can't sleep in the same that you are almost killed by a stray dagger that came from the window. I've decided. I stood up and went outside my room and walked a little bit down the hallway. Until I came to a stop in one of the doors. I
sighed and knocked the door gently

Shimon POV

I was almost asleep until someone knocked at my door. Standing up, I approached the door. Who could it be in this late hour? I sighed and open the door. Upon opening it, I saw a figure of a girl that has a tint of red on her cheeks. "He-hey Shimon", she whispered. "What's the matter?", I asked with a questioning gaze. "We-well, c-can I s-sleep with y-y-you j-just for to-to-ni-night!?", she blushed and I did the same. "B-but why me!?", I stuttered. She flinched and blushed more redder.

It took time before she can actually respond. So I used the time that she hasn't replied. I sighed and whispered no loud enough to be heard since it was already night time and everyone's asleep except the two of us. "You can sleep on my bed and I'll sleep on the floor with my sleeping bag". She gasped of my respond to her and blushed again as she nodded her head.

Mayura POV

What did I just do!?!? Why would I asked for this, it came suddenly that I wasn't able to stop my words from saying that I want to sleep with him tonight. I sighed as I tilted my body to the direction of where Shimon put his  sleeping bag and slept. And now here I am, sleeping on the bed of my friend. I was getting nervous about this idea and mostly about what happened earlier. I tilted my body once again to make myself comfortable and before I could think of something in my mind, I was already in deep slumber.

Shimon POV

I woke up suddenly and saw Mayura standing up and approaching towards me!?!? I blushed so hard as she make herself comfortable in my futon. She doesn't look like she was awake so I mumbled to myself. "Sleepwalking?". And without knowing it, I already fell asleep as well.

                                   ~

When I woke up, I remembered the most embarrassing thing that happened last night. When I tilted my head just a little, she was there still sleeping next to me. When she slowly opened her eyes, the first thing that she saw was me and she flinched as she sat politely while blushing. "S-sorry about my actions", she whispered to me. "I-i-its fi-fi-fine", I replied.

                                 ~

Why did I end up in this situation, I mean I knew that I must protect her from now on but why am I have to tagged along with her girl friends while shopping for girls' like. "Come on Shimon", Mayura yelled making me come back to reality.

                                  ~

As we were walking down the path that leads to our house, someone or something came from nowhere and ambushed us. I clicked my tongue, they're outnumbering us. This is bad. And before noticing it, they hit my head with something hard and I was left unconscious, the last thing that I heard is her scream of fear and concern as she cried out for my name.

"SHIMON!!!!!!!!??".

When I woke up again I was in a house which I didn't know who was it from. "Your finally awake", someone said. I tilted my head to see who it was, it was Enmadou with Adashino. "We found you unconscious in the road so we brought you to our dorm", Adashino said. "Tell us what happened", Enmadou said with a serious face. I clicked my tongue and fiercely said. "They took her". "Took who?", Adashino asked. Looking at them I finished my answer.

"They took Mayura!"

-------------------------------------------------------------
I'm finally done just kidding. I'll published the next chapter tomorrow or this evening.😊😊😊