Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"I don't want to embarrass you, or you being judged, because of your choices."

"Andrea," he warned. "I have told you before, you are my wife, end of discussion."

"I know that, and love you for it, but this is all so new to me. I mean, royalty. There's protocol. All the bowing, and shaking, or not shaking. I don't even speak the language."

"My family, all speak English perfectly. They already know you, do not speak our language. They'll take that into consideration. If they speak in Arabic because it's about palace business, not you. They are all dying to meet the woman, who brought me to my knees."

"I did not," she protested.

"Yes, you did, every time I looked at you."

She melted against him. "That's not fair. How can I fight that?"

"I don't want you fighting me. I just want you to love me."

Large hazel eyes peeked up from beneath his loving arms. "I do." She spread her hand over his beating heart. "Were they angry that we got married on the quiet?"

"Yes, they wanted to have this grand event. Of course, I have to let them organise this over-the-top wedding feast that we have to attend."

"What?!" She shot up horrified. "No, no, oh, my," she slammed her forehead against his chest when he smirked. "You are a cruel, cruel man Shihab Kadin Jalal Al-Dharr!" She declared. "I hate you."

"When before you declared how much you love me."

"Not when you do that to me, giving me a heart attack!"

"Then stop worrying. Have I not always protected you?" She eyed him closely. "Well, most of the time."

She threw her arms around his neck and kissed him. "All the time," she corrected. "You have always looked after me Shihab. What happened wasn't your fault. You were protecting your family," she kissed him again. "That's what I love about you the most, your generous, protective heart. I am sorry I treated you so badly, all because I was jealous, every time she touched you, took you away from me. I hated the distance between us."

His arms tightened around her, holding her against him, burying his face into her hair, breathing her in. "I was not overly thrilled either. That's behind us now. We have our entire future in front of us. Do not concern yourself about my family; they will love you as I do. Our life would mainly be in London and go back home when we are needed. We will make our own life Andrea, you and me. Have our own family. I know you are concerned about a life you have no understanding of. I will never let you fall. Your role will be small, always at my side. No more of these insecurities. You have nothing to prove Andrea, not to me, not to anyone. Look what you have achieved already without me. I am just bringing your work to life and a wider audience."

Her brows went down thoughtfully. "So how are you represented to the world with me? By marrying me, won't it bring your two worlds together? You did say, they didn't know you were a prince. So I can't expose to your world, what I do, and I can't expose in mine, I'm legally a princess in your world."

"Being a producer, it wasn't hard to hide that fact. Being a world-famous writer, well that does bring up challenges. We will work around it."

"No one needs to know I married a prince, just a producer, and I only have to be a princess in your country. Easy peasy."

"Feeling better?" She nodded. "Now can I?" He pointed at his computer. She slid off his lap to his side, looping her arms through his, leaning against him as he went back to work. "Can I have my arm back?" Reluctantly she released his arm. He removed the chair arm between them and guided her down to lie on his lap. Contented, she brought up her legs, curling up in the chair and closed her eyes, letting the plane and Shihab wash over her as he worked.