Shoot!

I walked as fast as I could without running or drawing attention to myself. Thankfully, the teacher was just getting there herself, struggling to carry a set of books in her arms. "Let me help you!" I told her, taking half of the books into my own arms. She flashed me a smile and gestured for me to walk into the classroom first. Placing the books down on her desk, I gave the class a onceover and froze.

"Wow, this class is pack." She said, more to herself than me. But at that moment I could have cared less about what she had to say.

Warren Peace was in my class. When I made eye contact with him, I quickly turned around to fix the books on the desk.

"Yeah..." I mumbled. Luckily, she didn't hear me and just gave me a big smile.

"Thanks for the help, Miss. Stronghold. You can take your seat now."

I gave her a surprised look, "You know my name?"

She chuckled, nodding her head. "Of course! Everyone's heard about you and your brother."

"Uh, right...."

I looked for an open spot and saw that the only one available was next to Warren. Figures. He must have scared everyone else away. Well, looks like it's time to show this guy that I'm not scared of him. With shaky legs, I made my way over to the open spot, with my head held high. I could feel his stare on me as I took my seat but I paid him no mind and looked straight forward to our English teacher. It was so hard to focus in class as it seemed like Warren was attempting to burn a hole through the side of my head as it seemed that he wasn't ever going to turn away. This was proven false because every time I did look at him, he seemed to have been paying attention to Mrs. Gatz, our English teacher. Finally feeling at ease with his presence being so close, I was able to devote my attention to Mrs. Gatz, excited to learn about what this class had in store for us. Unfortunately, it seemed that I missed most of the class, lost in my own thoughts, because the school bell rang. Warren seemed to bolt out of class, being the first one pass through the door. I grabbed my backpack and made my way out of class, hoping to find Will and Layla.

~

I managed to bump into Will as the class he was exiting was right across from mine. Huh, maybe we should have looked at each other's classes a bit more closely. He looked so relieved to see me as his shoulders perked up a bit from its sluggish posture.

"Tough morning?" I asked.

"Rough week." He grumbled, his shoulders rolling back down. I rolled my eyes at his small pout and looped my arm with his, dragging him to lunch.

The rest of our friends had already claimed a table when we got there, leaving us to just worry about the lunch line. I sat across from Zach and next to Will, doing my best to pay attention to their conversation. But as always, my mind seemed to wonder else were or to someone. A table over, Warren sat isolated with his lunch tray pushed forward. He kept his head down, eyes staring at the book in his hand. From my place, I couldn't tell what the title read. I tried to lean a bit to the side, hopping to learn something about the guy who had strong disliking towards me and my brother.

It seemed that I had leaned to far out as I was almost about to fall over before, catching myself before I hit the floor. I ended up making a big enough noise that it caused a few people nearby to stop talking. Quickly, and praying that Warren wouldn't figure out what I was trying to do, I shoved a few chips into my mouth and basically slammed my shoulder against Will's. He cried out, turning to glare at me as I attempted to look like I was apart of their discussion.

"What was that for?" I leaned away and he begun to rub his shoulder.

"Shush, William, Layla was talking. Continue, continue." I made a shooing motion for emphasis. He stuck his tongue out but gave his attention back to Layla.

"Actually, Scar, I was just asking how your classes have been going." She asked, looking a bit concern.

"Yeah, you know, before you almost fell overboard." Zach said with a bit of laugh. Stopping when I turned to glare at him.

"Oh, well, it was fine. Normal actually, like any regular high school." I said, nodding my head aggressively. "Actually no, not at all normal. What am I saying? It was really weird let me tell you how my day began......."

*

*

*

*

*

(A/N: Hello! Back with another chapter and hopefully you all enjoy this! Leave a like and let me know how your day is going)

- aspeninlove