Chapter One

I looked around the empty streets, wondering when Crona would be back, wondering when he'll eat next. I always looked out for him. Not because he was my sibling, because he needed the opportunities. The opportunities to show how strong he can be, and that he can be obedient. I never told him this. Only because I thought he would dislike me, or even hate me after I did. I didn't want him to be mad at me because I knew he'd try to prove his strength on his own, and it might get him killed. I don't want to be responsible for his death, so I just keep it a secret.

'In that church, you'll find your next meal. Enter and wait for my command.' She said. I turned and entered the church. I looked to see so many humans in the church. My stomach growled as I looked at them. I walked until I stood in the middle of the room. 'Crona will join you in a moment. He seems to be running a bit behind.' She told me. I got excited, knowing that Crona will be here and he'll be fighting with me.

"Who's this kid?" I heard someone shout out. 'What are you waiting for? You can begin fighting without him. He'll be in soon, don't worry.' She said. "Are you sure? I mean, I can hardly contain myself, but I don't want to start without Crona. I feel that it would be polite." I murmured aloud. "Is this kid sick in the head or something? This is our turf." Another said, taking a step towards me. 'Go ahead. I already told Crona where you'd be, and that you'll save him some of their souls.' I smirked, unconsciously. "Well if you say it's alright, then it must be alright." I said with a hint of insanity in my voice. "This kid is insane! Let's get out of here!" I summoned my sword and laughed. "It's okay, no need to fear me...Run if you want, but I'll find and kill you. Each. And. Every. One." I said as I began my attack.

I didn't give them a chance to fight back as I mowed them down one by one. Each scream louder than the one before. I smiled a sick, twisted smile as I cornered the last one. "P-Please! Don't hurt me!" How cute, begging for his life. I raised my sword into the air. "Where was my mercy? When did I get spared? I was saved by someone who believed in me. I highly doubt you'll have that same luxury." I hissed and brought my sword down. The last soul floated from his body. Crona burst through the doors. "Hello, Crona... It's been a while." I greeted and turned to him. He nodded and looked around. The door shut behind him and he took a little over half of the human souls. I took the rest and the bells chimed. I smiled at the ceiling and listened to them. When the chimes stopped I frowned. "That sucks... Anyways, should we head out? I'm sure she wouldn't like to be kept waiting." I told him with my hand on his shoulder. "Y-Yeah..." We started on our way out before the doors burst open again, revealing a girl and a boy. She looked at us and looked around. "You know eating human souls is against the rules at the academy, right?" She told us. We looked at each other, then back at the girl. "What academy?" I asked. "And she said it was okay. I don't see how it's wrong if she said it was okay." Crona replied. "Who said it was okay? Eating human souls is not okay." She called out. The boy next to her turned into a scythe. "It seems like she's going offensive. Be careful." I murmured to Crona. He nodded and started talking with her. "Maybe I'll play with her hair first... Just for a little while..." I looked at the duo. "This kid's crazy, Maka." The scythe said. "Don't you speak ill of him. Or you'll be scrap metal!" I threatened. "Don't speak to him like that! I'll have to turn you both in to Lord Death." The girl said.

"Who?" I questioned. She didn't reply and simply got into an offensive stance. I smirked slightly and also got into an offensive stance. I changed my weapon from a sword to a gun and simply pointed it at her. "I guess you're one of those people who bring a knife to a gunfight."  I said, laughing crazily afterwards. "This kid's crazy." I frowned and fired. She kept dodging and I got mad. I ran towards her and rose my gun above my head. It immediately changed into a sword as I swung it down. She blocked it and my frown was more prominent. "You know, it's no fun when you actually fight back." I said, backing away some. "Screech Alpha!" I jumped  out of the way as Crona's attack came past. Unfortunately, so did the girl. "Scream Resonance..." The horrid screech of Ragnarok filled the room. I smiled and saw the girl flinching at the sound. This was turning into a fun fight. 'You have two more incoming. Be careful.' "I will." I replied, getting ready. By now, the girl realized Crona's blood was black and she tried to get out of the building. Poor girl, didn't pay attention to what way these doors opened. "Hey! Open up!" She cried out, slamming again and again on the doors. "You know, you should really listen to what people say. These doors only open one way. The open inward." Crona told her and he swung his sword down. I expected her to block again, but she didn't. I smiled a wide, insane grin when I saw what happened next.

"Soul!"