Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

He was panicking, since her brother was safe, and had to take her to him, and probably lose her forever. Also, he had been keeping secrets from her. About who he was. 

They walked away together discussing the scene, walking out towards the oasis itself. She paused and looked around from the site. It was magnificent.

She stopped and just absorbed it, breathing it in. She had only been looking in. It was truly magical. Closing her eyes, seeing in her mind's eye. She opened her eyes and turned to Kathie. It all made sense and told her exactly what she wanted. Then turned to Levi and told him. She headed back and they started filming and magic happened before their eyes. 

Happy with the result, they headed back to the resort.

Shihab headed straight back to their rooms, taking Andie with him, where he stripped off his jacket and tossed it into a chair, while Andie went to have a rain shower to wash off the sand, changed and headed out, leaving him on the phone with his brother.

Standing on the edge of the resort. She stared across the golden yellow sands that spread before her like a great ocean as far as the eye could see. Her days were running out. The film is in the last stages. She breathed it all in, closing her eyes, she tried to burn it in her mind, so she could bring it all back with her.

Her eyes opened and blinked, the sand was gone from her sight, and instead was a board-shirted chest. Like in a dream, she reached out and placed a hand on his beating heart. Strong familiar arms wrapped around her. "What are you doing out here?"

Sighing, she snuggled up against him. "And I thought you were tied up with business calls."

"I am, however, when my habibti disappears without a word, I need to make sure she is alright."

"Oh," What could she say about that? Damn, he was turning into one of her sheikhs. Not just in looks, but in heart. He always had. She turned to bury herself in his arms.

"Andrea, what is wrong? This is so not like you." Shaking her head, she wiped her face across his chest.

"Nothing, just being silly," she sighed. "I guess taking a last look."

His arms tightened around her. "Last look? My dearest Andrea, you don't have to leave, when they do. We can stay, if you want, and enjoy what is on offer. Just the two of us."

Shocked, she looked up at him. "Do you mean that Shihab? What about your business? What about your films? Surely you'd be needed, wherever it was."

His hooded eyes caressed over her face. "Just like you, I can work from anywhere in the world. We don't have to stay here. There are many places we can travel and see. You can write in private as I work."

"For how long?" She asked hesitantly.

"As long as you want." Forever but that wasn't practical. His head lowered and kissed her.

"Are you worrying about what your future holds for you, my love," he asked against her softened lips. She shook her head because no one truly knew their future. And she would always have her writing. "Good, because I would always look after you, made sure you are safe, secure and deeply loved by me."

Her eyes flew open, softening. "No, it's fine, we need to go when they do. You always say the right thing Shihab." His hold tightened around her, gathering her against his body. 

"No, just what is true." He took her face in his hands and made her look into his eyes, then frowned. "However, we do have to go to my home," he sighed. "When we are done with all this, I am taking you away."

"Just us, no phone?" She asked hopefully.

"And no writing?" He dared. Her eyes widened in horror. Laughing, he kissed her that deepened, his arms tightening around her, as did hers around his neck.