"Her name is Danielle. We met at a concert. We've been dating since then," he answered smoothly, hoping she would believe it.

"Well then. Where is she right now?"

Nash started to get nervous, because he had no idea where she was. He had been driving through the small Indiana towns hoping he might see her (it was a long shot, but he couldn't just sit around). He could lie to Karen, but although she was crazy, she was pretty good at finding out anything she wanted to know about a person (aka stalking). He knew that if she didn't have proof that Danielle existed, she would dig until she found the truth that he really didn't know her that well at all.

He was panicking to himself in these few seconds, nervously looking around the park, when by some miracle he saw her. He saw Danielle. Of all the places, of all the times, of all the people that could be sitting in that park on that afternoon, it was her. What were the odds?! He leaped in the air like an excited little girl who just got a Barbie doll for Christmas.

"SHE'S RIGHT THERE!" he said excitedly as he pointed in Danielle's direction.

Karen glanced in Danielle's direction before turning back to Nash and requesting (demanding) that he introduce her. Nash knew he wouldn't take no for an answer, so he quickly thought up a not-so master plan of how this would all play out.

"Alright," he said. "But let me go say go to her first. I haven't seen her for a few days and I want to surprise her."

"Fine," Karen agreed.

Nash ran over to Danielle, running through his mind what he would say to her. He skidded to a stop about 10 yards away from her, suddenly nervous and scared. Was this really how he wanted to re-meet her? Of course not! But he didn't have a choice. Karen was watching and this was the only way. He snuck up behind Danielle, grabbing her around the waist, bringing her to her feet, and pulling her into a passionate kiss.

It wasn't exactly how he had imagined their first kiss (yes he had thought about it), but it was still so perfect and magical... Until she pulled away and slapped him.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" she yelled. He realized that she probably thought he was some strange man making a move on her (which he kind of was). He let her take the few seconds to realize it was him before he spoke. Her eyes were confused and scared, but he thought he saw a glimmer of excitement as well. He didn't have time to stare into her beautiful emerald green eyes; he was on a mission.

He spoke fast but clear. "Listen, I know this is sudden and weird-"

"Ya think?!"

"-but I have my reasons. Ill explain everything later, but do you see that girl walking towards us? I sorta told her you were my girlfriend, so I need you to play along."

"What is it with you and telling people we're dating?"

"Please!" Nash begged.

"Oh alright," Danielle agreed.

Karen was only a few yards away from them, so Danielle got into character.

"Oh Nash darling! I've missed you so much! My heart can't survive without you by my side," Danielle swooned dramatically, before pulling him close to her by his shirt collar. Their faces were almost touching. She stared into his shimmering eyes as he stared into hers. Their breathing was in sync as they stood mere inches apart. They almost forgot where they were and what was going on. Karen had no problem bringing them back to reality.

"Alrighty then... So this is cute and everything, but I'm not buying it," she declared.

Nash and Danielle glanced at each other nervously as Karen continued.

"If you're so in love with him, why did you slap him? Hmmm?"

Danielle snuck another nervous glance at Nash before answering.

"I wasn't expecting to see him! I thought it was someone else," she said convincingly, because, well, it was true.

Karen eyed Danielle and Nash for a few nerve-wracking seconds before lightening up and returning to her normal ditzy self.

"Well okay then!" she said cheerfully as she turned to leave. As she skipped away, she called back to Nash, "bye Nashy Boo!" She gestured for him to call her, but he didn't see. He was focused on Danielle.

She was laughing as she sat back down on the rickety old swingset.

"What?" he asked.

"Nashy Boo? That's so cute!" she teased.

"Shut up," he said playfully as he sat down on the swing next to her. The swingset groaned in disagreement to the extra weight that was being added to its framework.

"Thanks," he said, looking up at her.

"No problem," she said calmly, even though her heart was ready to leap out of her chest. "So um... Who was she and why...? And what...?" she asked.

"It's a long story," he replied.

"I've got time," she smiled flirtatiously.

He laughed and responded, "alright then! How about I explain everything over dinner?"

"Are you asking me out, Mr. Overstreet?" she

"I believe I am," he said, taking hold of her hand. She looked down at the intertwining of their fingers and decided she liked the look of it. They rose to their feet and walked hand-in-hand through the park, not saying a word the entire way. It was a comfortable silence on the path to their future.