A Birthday Promise

#Officeau #Fluff #Romance

Hi everyone! Whenever I can't sleep or when I'm away from my computer, I've been working on this drabble from time to time. I finally finished it, and since I think everyone could probably use a little fluff right now, I want to share it. I hope you enjoy it and it can give you a little warmth if you're having a hard time.

I actually used some honorifics this time. I usually avoid it since they get kind of complicated sometimes and I'm not very familiar with them, but I felt like it was needed here. Like I said, I'm unfamiliar with this, go ahead and correct me if I used something wrong.

For those who aren't familiar:

Ssi (씨; pronounced shee): When appended to a full name or personal name, it indicates that the speaker considers the speakee to be of the same or a higher social level than themselves, and is most commonly used to refer to strangers or acquaintances. When appended to a surname, it indicates that the speaker considers themselves to be of a higher station than the speakee, and has a "distant" connotation that is considered rude if applied to elders.

Nim (님): Reserved for anyone of a higher station than the speaker, or those whom the speaker holds in high regard. For example, students may call their upperclassmen Seonbae-nim. It may be dropped if the parties involved are close enough that such formalities are unnecessary, such as with family and close friends. People mostly using this honorific are employees of a store, company, hospital etc when addressing customers. Or to your boss.

Dae Pyo: What you call a CEO.

———————————

"That will be all. I'd like to see this problem resolved as quickly as possible."

Sehun hung up the phone, his hand resting on it for a moment before pulling it away. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his frustration as his eyes landed on the calendar on his desk. He stared at the numbers, the date bringing him more discomfort in his already upset mood.

His birthday was that weekend. He wasn't the type to get excited for his birthday, and it often sprung up on him without realizing how close it had gotten. But as he got older, the feeling of loneliness increased with each birthday he spent alone. He used to order his favorite food as a little treat to himself and relax watching a movie at home. But even this would draw attention to the fact that he had no one to celebrate with. So he started to avoid celebrating it all together. However, that didn't help either, the date always managed to linger at the back of his mind, and he still dwelled on the fact that he was alone.

He had made a promise to himself, that this birthday would be different. That he'd spend it with someone.

Sehun interlocked his fingers as he rested his hands on his desk. There was only one person he'd like to spend his birthday with...but honestly he felt a little uncomfortable asking him.

Sehun sighed as he leaned back in his chair, rubbing his eyes. After a long moment of thinking to himself, Sehun reached forward to press a button on his phone.

"Byun-Ssi, can you come in here for a moment?"

There were only two ways Sehun called Baekhyun into his office: With a calm voice, or an irritated voice. This time it was the latter, and Baekhyun let out a small sigh, wishing it was the former. Regardless, he promptly got up from his seat to enter Sehun's office.