Time seemed to freeze as I fell back into the counter. Sirius rushed over to me, his eyes wide.

"I'm afraid she was with a family member, Diana Bennet," The woman said.
"Afraid?" I repeated, my eyebrows furrowing at the unfamiliar name.
"She doesn't want you or your husband to attend the funeral, or be there at all. I'm only calling because your mother had asked me to tell you when she had first come in," The woman explained.

Tears rolled down my cheeks at her words.

Sirius, who seemed to have been listening, turned red out of anger.

"T-Thank you for calling," I choked out.
"I'm sorry for your loss," The woman said.

A buzzing sound indicated she had hung up.

"Mummy?" Scarlett questioned as I fell into Sirius's arms, sobs racking my body.

The next few months seemed to try to be happy, but something always ended up happening.

At the beginning of October, Lily and James got married.

They had a beautiful ceremony. I had been Maid of Honor, Sirius Best Man. Scarlett was ecstatic about being Flower Girl.
The memory of the phone call haunted me through the whole of October.

In November, Euphemia and Fleamont were admitted to St Mungo's. They were diagnosed with Dragon Pox.
Sirius had been devastated by my mum's death, but this hit him harder.
December came, and the two passed away. Sirius cried every night through January, but James was worse.

James had been so distraught, barely talking to anyone, that he had easily gotten on Lily's nerves. She tried to support him, but he only snapped at her.

Lily had shown up on our front door at one in the morning. Bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks.
It was that night that I found out she was almost two months pregnant. James hadn't even known.

Sirius and James got into an argument after Sirius confronted him, and had accidentally let slip of Lily's pregnancy. Which resulted in James apologizing.

February, Camellia came to our house after a full moon. Remus had been on edge and snapped at her as well, but only he was a werewolf so he was a lot scarier than just being snapped at.

Of course Remus had immediately came to apologize afterwards, and the two made up.

March however, was when I had another problem at work.

It was a normal Monday morning. Olivia opened the shop. I arrived only ten minutes after her. Kaylee and Tyler arrived late, their lips swollen and lipstick on Tyler.

With the stress of everything that had been going on, I barely went into work. In those six months, I may have gone to work twenty times.

I felt guilty for that, obviously. Sirius had tried to tell me it was fine, but I knew it wasn't.

Olivia didn't think so either.

"Claire. Where have you been? I know you're under a lot of stress, but you've barely come into the diner for months," Olivia snapped after I got changed.
"That's not your business, Olivia," I sighed.
"It kind of is Claire! In case you've forgotten, my mother owns this diner! She can fire you!" Olivia exclaimed.
"Everything is just going wrong Olivia! I don't care if you're mother wants to fire me or not, I can't fix it!" I yelled.
"Oh I'm Claire, and my life is just oh so terrible! I have a husband and daughter, but my life is still horrible! I have perfect friends and a perfect family, but it's just so bad! I've got a loving mother, but it still sucks! And I've got a good job, but I just don't go because my life is just that bad!" Olivia mocked, oblivious to the tears welling in my eyes.