III

"I'll take care of you myself."

He raise the knife, ready to stab me.

Something popped on my mind, I'm not sure if this will work but it'll be better than do nothing.

"Wait! You asked my opinion on your art earlier but you never give me a chance to answer."

He look at me with a questionable face.

"I actually think your art is beautiful, I like it so much, it's perfectly made. But what is art without an audience?" I said, hoping he will trust me.

He hesitated, unsure on what to do. I decide to continue my words. "M-maybe I can be the audience?"

He lower his knife.

"Oh I was wrong, you are different than the others, mia cara," he chuckles, "They scream and beg for me not to turn them in to an art but you! You inspire me!"

He turn away, smiling like a five year old kid that just got a bowl full of candy.

"How could I forgot that I need an audience for my art and I just found the perfect one!"

Turning back to me he apologize for what happened earlier, saying that he had a pretty rough start today.

He introduce himself saying that his name is Stefano Valentini. He didn't said much about himself.

"What should I call you, mia cara?" he ask right after Introducing himself.

I tell him my first name since I can't remember my last name.

After that he show me around the building and ask my opinion on his so called art every now and then.

"It's actually quite sad that I can't turn you in to my art, you are the most beautiful material I've ever seen" I heard him say but I decide to just pretend I didn't heard him.

"Say, what kind of art you do, mia cara?" he said a little bit louder than before.

I don't really know what to tell him since I lost most of my memories. He patiently wait for my answer.

"I used to draw but people always judge my art," somehow the words escaped my mouth and then I realized some of my memories are back. Mostly about me being a self taught artist though.

He nod, "Ah yes normal people can't understand us, the artist."

No one said anything for a couple of minutes, just silence. It's not an awkward silence though.

'Weird, I'm supposed to be afraid right? Knowing there's a serial killer next to me. The dreadful atmosphere from before is still there but it's oddly calming. Anyway, what time is this? I'm feeling sleepy.'

I yawn and he seems to notice me.

"There's an empty bedroom in the end of this hallway, you can use it. I'll wake you up in a few hours."

And so I went to sleep.