Wildly Inappropriate

I look out the window of the car as my younger sister, Anaïs, bounced in the seat beside me. We're on our way to our Mom's studio. After such a long time away from the studio, I usually would be excited to get back dance. But this wasn't me just going to dance class. Me and Anaïs would be part of a new reality show taking place at the studio. I don't know how I feel about it, I honestly didn't even think the show was gonna be popular.

From the side of my eyes, I could see Dad glance at me through the rearview mirror. "You nervous Adrienne?"

I sigh and look away from the window. "Ehh-- I just don't know how to feel about being on camera."

"I think it's gonna be cool," Anaïs grins. "We're gonna be on tv!"

I ignore her for now and focus on my Dad. "I'm actually surprised that you agreed to this Dad."

"If I'm honest, I don't like it, but your mom is the coach so whether you two are on the team or not, you're going to be on the show," Dad answers eyes on the road.

Anaïs bites her lower lip. "I hope she's not to upset that we missed the first day."

"She wasn't when we told her. She said it was okay," I comfort her.

"Don't worry about it," Dad tells her. "It wasn't your fault I'll talk to her." he pulls into the studio parking lot. "You two just focus on dancing and getting along with the girls on your team."

Anaïs and I nod before taking their bags and getting out of the car, we share a look before racing for the studio. Dad might not be excited to see Mom, but that doesn't mean we weren't. When we reached, the studio Mom was already getting out of her chair.

"Mom!" Anaïs yells leaping for her. "I missed you." It's been a month since we've seen her and sure we called, and video chats with her every day, but it wasn't the same.

Mom squeezes are back, opening her arm for me to join them. "I missed you two too."

"How was Atlanta?" Mom asks once she releases us.

"We had fun," I answer for the both of us with Anaïs nodding in agreement.

"My parents were excited to have them," Dad's voice says from behind. I turn to see him giving Mom a cold look.

"Micheal," Mom greets, voice emotionless. You would need a sword to cut the tension in the room right now. "Why don't you two go into the den and get ready? The other girls are already in there with there Moms."

I nod taking Anaïs hand. "Sure."

Anaïs and I enter the den to see the other girls and their Moms talking, plus plenty of camera's surrounding them. Anaïs gave my hand a tight squeeze, I squeezed her back.

"Anaïs! Adrienne!" I hear before my sight is obscured by brown and blond. Maddie and Chloe had tackled us to the floor.

I pat the two of them on the back. "I miss the two of you too, but I need to breathe." the two of them release us as I take deep exaggerated breaths, causing everybody to laugh.

"You're never allowed to leave again," Maddie says giving Anaïs another hug, this one tighter than the last. "You were gone too long."

Gianna walks into the den. "Girls Abby says that you should head in and start stretching. She's having a meeting with a parent right now so she won't be in for a while."

"Is she going to be long?" Holly asks.

Gianna shot a quick glance at Anaïs and I. I chew the bottom of my lips, they were probably yelling at each other right now.